Toyota Nove Star

LarryA

I'm looking into a Toyota Nova Star RV. I've never heard of this make, however I understand that these models are very well made. Would anyone be able to help me out with some photos and information on the Nova Star? I really can't find a lot of info,

Thank you

Nova Star was made by New Horizon from 1986 to 1988 I think. Might be an 89 out there but I have never seen one. They panel walls with metal supports and a fiberglass roof that wraps around the top making them as water proof as the Sunrader. Front windows can have leak issues though. The interior had the nicest woodwork of any toyhome ever made. Beautiful teak cabinets. Several different models much like the other makers. Rear door front door rear dinette. There are some pics on the toyota camper site but don't know where. There is also one for sale right now in LA. Email him and see if you can get some more pics

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/rvs/2836289771.html

I know it doesn't say Nova Star but trust me it is

Linda S

I'm looking into a Toyota Nova Star RV. I've never heard of this make, however I understand that these models are very well made. Would anyone be able to help me out with some photos and information on the Nova Star? I really can't find a lot of info,

Thank you

I'm guessing the Nova Star your looking into is Gail's. Here are pics of it before they started restoring it. Trust me no one restores motorhomes like Gail and Jon. It will look like a new rig inside and out.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-campers/photos/album/1018940117/pic/605570528/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

Linda S

Thank you

They were top of the line toy homes and I gather expensive when they were new heavy every thing big springs full 6 bolt wheels big front brakes and fiberglass. I had one they are fairly rare.

Thanks for the info. The Nova Star looks like a great Toyhome. I'm hoping this will work out. Yes it is one that Gail is working on. Idaho isn't too far away for me to go look at. I will probably just wait for them to finish it. I'm not finding anything locally other than the way overpriced Winnebago at a local RV dealership. Here is the link. 88K miles, no oven, no ladder, spray paint spots on the side that don't match the white. Mice were in the engine compartment. It's been on this lot since last summer when they were asking $21,995 for it. At that time it hadn't even been detailed and the interior was disgusting. Old steak knives and used toothpicks behind the couch. Yuk!! Now they are down to $15,995. It's been detailed, new toilet. They gave me the sale price of $14,650 + tax and license. I still think this is too high. I would prefer a 4cyl anyway so the Nova Star will probably work out better for me. I love the 22RE engine, and so does my mechanic.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/rvs/2814210362.html

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 87 Nova Star. They really are great, top quality rigs. The front overhead window had leaked in mine, so I fiberglassed it over and re-built the upper bunk. Even with all that water damage and rot, there was no structural damage. Here's some pics of mine:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-campers/photos/album/1055838023/pic/list