Only 118 days

Bob C

When i bought the Toyhouse, I was praying that the wife would be interested in camping again. She had a stroke 10 years ago at age 43 and has some mobility problems. After 3 camping trips this last summeer, she is solidly hooked again. She informed me that in 118 days (April 1) we will be getting the RV out of storage and she wants to go camping the first weekend that it is out. She has plans for about 15 trips around Wisconsin already for 2012 and is planning a big trip for 2013 that includes heading to Alabama and meandering up through New England with the trip taking around a month. Now I hope that this enthusiasm continues.

HI bob we are in the same boat thank fully no stroke but my wife has four blown disc in her back and has colon problems and a lot of other issues. we enjoyed our 1978 so much just bought a 1987 dolphin we used to have an huge tent but could not do that anymore. nothing like taking the indoor plumbing with you. i wish you many good times . the woods of wash state are calling us or maybe Montana)s Big Sky like that place

Bob;

Welcome to the forums. I'm glad to see your other half is picking this up with some enthusiasm.

I had similar story. I wanted to drive the Alaskan hiway and go all the way north to Prudhoe Bay Alaska. My wife didn't exhibit the same level of enthusiasm as I did. However, once we bought the toyhouse and started cleaning it up, paint, curtains, that kind of stuff. All my wife could talk about was our trip to Alaska, and that she walked on the Arctic Ocean

We kept a Blog and updated it during our trip. After the trip, I found a place that would print the blog in a nice booklet format. My wife doesn't go anywhere without the booklet to show people.

Alaska Trip Blog

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

In '92 my mother had a health crisis that put her on oxygen (she had to wear one of those nose/oxygen things). The doctors gave her two years to live.

After a couple months of crying/darkness/mourning, my Dad bought a 80's vintage motorhome (not a Toyota) and the old couple moved aboard. They made a big loop around America, from the midwest to the west coast in Summer, down the coast to California in Fall, across the southwest as far as the Gulf coast in winter, then returning to the midwest that spring. The next year they did the same thing...and the next year... She lived six more years on the road and often said it was the best thing they'd ever done. They sucked every ounce of living out of those last few years.

thanks waiter for the alaska trip story. i started reading it today and will continue until i finish. growing up i had relatives in alaska and enjoyed hearing about their trips down to central calif. thanks for all your work in telling your story.

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow I'd missed your blog... what an awesome travelogue. Thanks for sharing (and inspiring me to go out and work on my 'rader on a rather cold December day)

Best,

andrew

Bob;

Welcome to the forums. I'm glad to see your other half is picking this up with some enthusiasm.

I had similar story. I wanted to drive the Alaskan hiway and go all the way north to Prudhoe Bay Alaska. My wife didn't exhibit the same level of enthusiasm as I did. However, once we bought the toyhouse and started cleaning it up, paint, curtains, that kind of stuff. All my wife could talk about was our trip to Alaska, and that she walked on the Arctic Ocean

We kept a Blog and updated it during our trip. After the trip, I found a place that would print the blog in a nice booklet format. My wife doesn't go anywhere without the booklet to show people.

Alaska Trip Blog

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I just informed my wife that it is now down to 105 days until the RV comes out. I also noticed that this is post #100 for me. I love this site. I get so much information from it and hopefully will be paying for my information with helpful posts in the future. Someone on here said that there is nothing NEW in our Toyhouses. I have been using pop-ups and a counterfeit Scamp for years and they all use the same technology. It makes repairs and maintenance so much easier with shared parts and methodology.

Thanks for welcoming this 5 month old newby with so much help.