More Cup Holders?

bufbooth

Hello All,

Has anyone modified their coach table to have a few cup holders?

I was thinking about cutting two or so holes in table so that a

stardard size cut would sink about 1/4 of the way into the hole.

Has anyone done this, if so, any issues?

Any better solutions?

Thanks,

Dennis B.

How about just slipping some of these on instead of cutting your table. On the edge you'd have more room on the table too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clip-Plexiglas-Drink-Cup-Holder-Poker-Table-Use-/330428874742?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cef187ff6

LS

Hello All,

Has anyone modified their coach table to have a few cup holders?

I was thinking about cutting two or so holes in table so that a

stardard size cut would sink about 1/4 of the way into the hole.

Has anyone done this, if so, any issues?

Any better solutions?

Thanks,

Dennis B.

Clip-on cup holders ---what great idea! I measured my favorite travel mugs and they all fit. On a slightly different topic, what are you using for a console between the cab seats? I have been looking for something that would fit and hold pencils and misc stuff. Sue

We got this one at Walmart (I think it was about $8), Also got a couple of the seat back pouch things for maps, camaras, jelly beans, etc, etc

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

post-4544-0-18575500-1322778897_thumb.jp

post-4544-0-87618700-1322778898_thumb.jp

those cup holders Linda linked to look like fun. Nice if you need a little extra table space. Everything comes with cupholders these days.. hats, beach chairs, icechests...

@ wanting cupholders for a parked rig?

You plan on having a party in the coach while driving or something? :)

John:

You run the tightest ship on the forum period!... love it.

There are five of us...Myself, wife, and three boys...the front single cup

holder gets a little crowded. I do like the looks of the clip on cup holders.

Dennis B.

those cup holders Linda linked to look like fun. Nice if you need a little extra table space. Everything comes with cupholders these days.. hats, beach chairs, icechests...

@ wanting cupholders for a parked rig?

You plan on having a party in the coach while driving or something? :)

John:

You run the tightest ship on the forum period!... love it.

Here are the cup holders I brought for our MH (http://www.ebay.com/...5#ht_500wt_1180).

They are available in 3 different colors, I chose tan (shown below). I installed 2 in the cab (on the front doors), and 3 in the house section (2 in the rear, and one by the door). They work great! I also installed 2 in our 85 Toyota pickup!

Below are some pictures from eBay. I just realized that I do not have any pictures of the install. If I get a chance this weekend, I will take a couple pictures of them and post them.

post-2114-0-06722700-1322800120_thumb.jp

post-2114-0-16308800-1322800138_thumb.jp

:hyper: Ya! My lawnmower even has cup holders? WHY?

Have a great weekend everyone!

I guess I don't drink enough. I never seem to use any of the cupholders in any of my vehicles. The OEM ones at the end of my arms always suffice. :watsup:

waiter

We got this one at Walmart (I think it was about $8), Also got a couple of the seat back pouch things for maps, camaras, jelly beans, etc, etc

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

That looks like the same one we've got in ours except it's grey and mounted where your shifter is, our shifter is on the steering wheel assy. Love those adjustable holders too !!!

vanman

• 2 weeks later...

Attached are a couple pictures of the cup holders I installed in our 85 Sunrader.

The ones in the cab (both sides) are positioned more form over function, since the cup holders are not used that often. I wanted to minimize them from looking like an add-on, so I enclosed them in the lines of the door. Functionally, they would be better positioned higher on the door.

The two in the rear are positioned near the rear table, one on each side. In the picture, the table is positioned in its furthest position. In its closest position, it is in a good location to allow easy access to the cups.

Notes:

1. What is very nice about these cup holders is that they fold out of the way, when not in use.
  2. The cup holders were originally my wife's idea; however, they have been very useful!
  3. My kids also use them, when parked, like a little table to hold their assorted items.

Regards,

Allen

post-2114-0-14242000-1323761117_thumb.jp

post-2114-0-70025500-1323763166_thumb.jp

Clip-on cup holders ---what great idea! I measured my favorite travel mugs and they all fit. On a slightly different topic, what are you using for a console between the cab seats? I have been looking for something that would fit and hold pencils and misc stuff. Sue

First part where the coach transitions into the cap is a foam pillow, our dog (55 pounds) plants herself there between us. Then forward of that are 3 communications radios. A SSB Galaxy DX959 CB radio, then a Kenwood TK-860 UHF GMRS radio, then a Yaesu FT-8800 UHF-VHF amateur radio remote head. Then forward of that under the dash is a cup holder combo junk bin, bought from Walmart for $8. The dash cup holders is only a 1 cup but if you go to a wrecker that has some early 4runners, the 4runners have a 2 cup holder that is a direct replacement.

I ended up buying 4 of the foldable cup holders that Allen recommended,

I think I ended up paying $3.50 each and they feel pretty strongly built.

I will end up putting one on the passenger door and will mount the other

three to a wooden board that will go on the table where it meets the wall.

I really like the fact they fold up to about an inch thick.

Thanks,

Dennis B.

• 2 weeks later...

:hyper: Ya! My lawnmower even has cup holders? WHY?

Have a great weekend everyone!

You must not live in Arizona! LOVE my cup holder on my riding lawnmower! Try mowing when it's over 100 degrees outside....