Hey. I've been reading these forums for a few months now, but this is my first time posting. I have a 1986 dolphin which I've renovated quite a bit. I was just thinking about what my ideal setup would be, and it got be curious about what other people are striving for. I'm an electrician and a carpenter, so my needs obviously sway that way. Here's my perfect RV:

* Toyota Dolphin, the model with the dinette in the back and the huge window

* 600+ watt solar array on the roof

* 300+ Amp-hour battery bank

* Small, efficient electric-start DC generator with auxiliary gas tank (Ever see an inverter generator? It's a DC generator with an inverter. This would be half the size, therefore tiny)

* With no need for the generator compartment, additional water or gas tank could be installed.

* modified sine wave inverter with higher capacity (3000-4000 watts)

* pure sine wave inverter with lower capacity (1000-ish watts)

* both inverters wired to the power outlets, each outlet has a switch between pure and modified

* when RV is plugged into shore power, inverters turn off automatically

* 12v outlets everywhere that there is a 120v outlet

* A better battery charger

* Solar hot water collector on roof

* Awning

* Fold-out outdoor shower

* Maple countertops

* Laminate flooring

* LED lighting

* 12v rooftop evaporative cooler

* Good speakers built in throughout

* Car stereo wired to house batteries, not truck battery

* Built in WIFI booster, big wifi antenna

* Replace built-in oven with built-in microwave

* Make my 12v/120v/propane fridge use 120v if on shore power, 12v if driving or solar array is overproducing, automatically light propane otherwise. Also make it lock when the truck is on.

* Radiant insulation in the roof and walls to keep cool in the summer

I've already finished many of the things on this list, and a lot of them are partially done. The main obstacle is of course what I want to spend money on.

What's on your list?

Edited by Tristan

Tristan

Hey. I've been reading these forums for a few months now, but this is my first time posting. I have a 1986 dolphin which I've renovated quite a bit. I was just thinking about what my ideal setup would be, and it got be curious about what other people are striving for. I'm an electrician and a carpenter, so my needs obviously sway that way.

Car stereo wired to house batteries, not truck battery.

I put a fused wire on each side of the battery isolator run to a 3 way switch I installed in dash to the left ot the hand brake. Left is on coach batt, center is off so no lites lit on dash, right is on truck battery.Leave the small fuse to the truck battery alone so you will hold all your presets,clock settings up.

vanman

Maybe not a 'Dream List', but if I was doing an extensive rebuild of the kitchen, I'd have a (larger) single sink, 2 burner stove and a combo microwave/convection oven. I find the two kitchen sinks are too small to do anything in, I never use 4 burners or the oven at home and am not about to do so on the road!

Maybe not a 'Dream List', but if I was doing an extensive rebuild of the kitchen, I'd have a (larger) single sink, 2 burner stove and a combo microwave/convection oven. I find the two kitchen sinks are too small to do anything in, I never use 4 burners or the oven at home and am not about to do so on the road!

Replacing the sink with a larger one is actually a very easy process, provided you have a jigsaw and drill. Just don't try to use the old sink trap, cut it off and glue on a new one.