Mr Buddy heaters

thinking about adding one along with all the other goodies on board. wondering of two little ones would be better than one middle size one? could place one at each end maybe? wondering if condensation becomes a problem, read one review where it was, maybe where humidity was 90%? i figured i would put it by a cracked window for fresh air to burn. can it be hung with wire or hooks and chain? just kicking around something that won't empty the propane tank and eliminate the fan noise, light sleeper here and the fan wakes me every time it comes on.

my friend lived in his all winter it had one of those wave catilic unvented wallheaters he said it got molde all over inside as for noise at night i often wear ear plugs the yellow rubber kind all are not the same

They deplete O2 so it's imperative that you have fresh air. They are not intended to be used while you sleep (says right on it) they have low O2 sensors but how low is too low? I would not hang them they have tip over valves so they have to be fairly level. I have used one and it gave me wicked headaches don't know if it was just me or the heater. I know what you are saying about the MH heater but I don't mind being awakened that way I know I'm still breathing.

Besides depleting oxygen, they also put out A LOT of humidity. You may end up with a mold problem. The byproduct when burning propane is water vapor and carbon dioxide. When the oxygen level drops, the result is carbon monoxide.

I always use a propane detector and a carbon monoxide detector in my campers. It is the first thing that I put in when I bought the Toyhouse. A friend of mine took a dirt nap while ice fishing due to a old style heater in a an ice shanty. I miss the old fart but don't want to join him in the here after yet.

Alarms absolty At wally worled i bought a battery power carbon monoxide detector for 22 dollors may not be rv rated but is a better then none smoke and gas alarms a saf ety must better too be tired then dead

5Toyota'

Alarms absolty At wally worled i bought a battery power carbon monoxide detector for 22 dollors may not be rv rated but is a better then none smoke and gas alarms a saf ety must better too be tired then dead.

Couldn't agree more, we have a First Alert combo CO and smoke detector for the RV to save space, for the home have seperate detectors, it's cheaper. Anyone know of a 3 way combo CO, smoke, Propane one ????

vanman

They make vented cat heaters for use in MH but they are very expensive if I were going to live in a small MH during the winter I think I would look into a propane boat heater it would require a vent through the roof rather small but still a vent I would feel safe with that and it also would cure the moisture issue. Here is one http://www.boatownersworld.com/dickinsonmarine/cozy_cabin_heater.htm

sounds like not a good idea except to take the chill out of the air for a very short period of time. will do a lot more thinking about using anything but what is in the unit now. we do have the carbon monoxide alarm in it now, and when we had the fumes come in through a cracked open window it went off so i figure it is working. the moisture problem could be big also. thanks for all the input.

I still have a pop-up camper and Scamp that my kids stop by to steal from time to time. (They are not allowed to use the Toyhosue, it is for the wife and I only.) All of my trailers have direct vent convection furnaces. These do not require a battery to operate. Most campers newer than about 1990 have furnaces with a battery powered blower.

I like the convection ones but their output is much smaller. I think that the biggest one that I have is about 15,000 btu's. I don't know how warm they would keep a toyhouse.

I have a spare convection because they are getting hard to find.

• 1 month later...

I have the mid size buddy heater, it has a low o2 cut off but I've never had a problem. on low it heats the whole motor home 1 small tank for 8 hours. A couple times I've had a condensation issue but I bought one of those de-humidifier jars from camping world for 10 and it works awesome.