Will later hubs (89-95 large 6 bolt) bolt onto early spindles (1983 toyota)

I searched and didnt find anything on this (for the early years) does anyone know or has anyone done the later model 6 lug (for dually wheel up front) swap onto an early model (1979-1983) spindle?

I have recently picked up a 1991 cab chassis (bad 3.O) with the required front hubs and six dually wheels so I will have the hubs, wheels and all (plus another spare rear axle!)

I was wondering before I go and pull a side off to see myself if it has been done before on early body style trucks as well.

I did that swap on my '84:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-campers/photos/album/1273577737/pic/list

Not sure about the previous generation.

I searched and didnt find anything on this (for the early years) does anyone know or has anyone done the later model 6 lug (for dually wheel up front) swap onto an early model (1979-1983) spindle?

I have recently picked up a 1991 cab chassis (bad 3.O) with the required front hubs and six dually wheels so I will have the hubs, wheels and all (plus another spare rear axle!)

I was wondering before I go and pull a side off to see myself if it has been done before on early body style trucks as well.

The later hubs will bolt up (this is Bryan B, I am not being allowed to log in under my screen name so I created another acct, deal with it) but the brake caliper will not.

The 83 caliper is a 2 3/8s bore and the 91 is a 2 5/8s bore, so its not too big (1/4") of a differance in braking

The 6 lug adapter hubs and brake rotor bolted right up, but the brake pads on the 83 caliper have to be worn to fit around the wider rotor. so it will work on an 83 but just dont get the brake calipers, you cant use them at all.