89 Sunrader shower drain problem

jackson

The screw on collar detached from the bottom of my shower drain and my grey water now leaks directly to the ground. Simple fix, right? I tried screwing it back on but I found that the collar was cracked. Lovely. So I removed the plumbing which comprised of the J trap (to the holding tank) and a straight line (to the bottom of the shower drain). As I said, one end screws directly to the drain % sure since I initially found it detached. The two screw on collars, the J trap and the straight pipe are all one piece. Both collars point upward and can not be removed. Great, now I have to replace the entire component.

I went to Home Depot and the guy told me that they didn't have anything 1 1/4" ABS piping like it. Because of the smaller size, is this plumbing something I can only get from RV suppliers? Is it a common drain pipe component?

Also, does anyone have a plumbing/wiring/repair manual for the 89 Sunrader? Thanks

Edited by jackson

See if there is anything here you can use. Rv suppliers will have the abs you need and you can peice it together if you can't find the correct shape.

http://www.tjtrailers.com/store/abs-fittings-and-pipe.html

Lots of these fittings clearly say 1 1/4. Hope there is something you can use.

LS

The screw on collar detached from the bottom of my shower drain and my grey water now leaks directly to the ground. Simple fix, right? I tried screwing it back on but I found that the collar was cracked. Lovely. So I removed the plumbing which comprised of the J trap (to the holding tank) and a straight line (to the bottom of the shower drain). As I said, one end screws directly to the drain % sure since I initially found it detached. The two screw on collars, the J trap and the straight pipe are all one piece. Both collars point upward and can not be removed. Great, now I have to replace the entire component.

I went to Home Depot and the guy told me that they didn't have anything 1 1/4" ABS piping like it. Because of the smaller size, is this plumbing something I can only get from RV suppliers? Is it a common drain pipe component?

Also, does anyone have a plumbing/wiring/repair manual for the 89 Sunrader? Thanks