Northeast Toyin for this fall?

86rader

• 3 months later...

I guess I am a little late on this, but something in NY or NJ, would be great. I think when the weather is a little better....

Anyone have any interest? I am in Ct. Would like to do one anywhere in New England or NY or NJ?

If there is interest, I could look into a campground to host it.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to live in West Leb. and it has some great spots for camping. It is closer for me, as I live in Manchester NH. Whatever the location is I will be there.

Perhaps somewhere around White River Junction/Lebanon? A good hub for Interstates. Not that I have anything against Crown Point! :mellow:

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't make it this Fall, but definitely would like a Vermont Rally (or nearby) in the Fall of 2013. Maybe you all could find a good spot this year and we could make it an annual event......that's my vote!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be interested depending on the dates and my work travel schedule. I'm in north central MA so just about anything in NE works for me. I've been on the 2012 NE beach tour this year so VT might make a nice break from the sand and water before we put ours away for the winter.

• 1 month later...

post-4-0-00434800-1345198122_thumb.jpgAnnouncing NEW ENGLAND 'FALL COLORS' TOYOTA RV OWNERS RALLY -- Oct. 12-14

Hey folks, by 'popular demand,' we are scheduling another Toyota RV Rally in the New England area in October. It will be held at Outdoor World RV Resort in Sturbridge, Massachusetts the weekend of October 12-14. This is a peak weekend to see stunning fall colors.

Outdoor World is a sister resort of the Thousand Trails Resorts on the West Coast where we previously have always had terrific rallies. Typically these resorts are way-above-average in their scenic beauty and amenities. As usual we will have a Saturday morning 'Open House' and a Saturday evening potluck.

The group rate is only $34 per night. Call us soon to make your reservation if you want one of the limited number of sites in the section that we are planning to use for our group.

The photo above was taken at Sturbridge Outdoor World RV Resort.

http://els.smugmug.c...bBPrVn&lb=1&s=A

- - - - - - - - - -

Now here is the complete INVITATION -- for all Toyota RV owners within driving distance:

You are invited to come the weekend of October 12-14 to Outdoor World RV Resort in Sturbridge, MA. This is a particularly nice RV resort with attractive campsites and lots of nearby activities. Expect the fall foliage to be beautiful!

SOME OF THE THINGS WE CAN LOOK FORWARD TO:

- Did I say awesome scenery with fall colors?

- Comfortable RV sites with water, electric, and cable TV connections

(dump station nearby)

- Lots of nice hiking trails through the 200 acre park

- Indoor Swimming Pool and Spa

- Lakefront with Boat Rentals, Canoes, and Fishing

- Kids' playground and video games

- Mini-golf course on site

- Volleyball, Basketball, Bocce Ball Court, Horseshoes

- Wi-Fi Internet access in the Lodge

(Cell service is not all that great, sorry.)

- Snack Bar, Lodge, Laundry, and General Store

- Propane available on site

To get better acquainted, on Saturday evening we will have a potluck dinner (we eat whatever food shows up), followed by a campfire -- PLEASE BRING FIREWOOD and your own lawn chairs if desired.

New owners and wannabe owners are welcome to attend. The Saturday morning 'Open House' event is a great opportunity to see what others have done to personalize their 'Toyhouses' and make them more comfortable.

Pets are welcome too (on a leash).

This is a rather large RV park, so bringing bikes or scooters is a great way to get around.

The RV park staff will also have multiple programmed activities to be announced, including WII contests that weekend.

For day trips, it's a short drive to the historic colonial town of Sturbridge (3 miles) and to other local sites. Six Flags New England (amusement park) is about 30 miles away. Admission to the Old Sturbridge Village historical complex is $24 for adults (age 18+), $22 for seniors (age 65+), and $8 for kids over age 2. Admission tickets are also good for a second day. Parking is free.

Please note: Outdoor World is a membership RV resort. For non-members we have negotiated a discounted group rate of $34 per night (all taxes and fees included).

IMPORTANT: Rally reservations must be made in advance -- it doesn't work to just show up. You may reserve for one, two, or three nights (staying over until Monday). As an incentive to reserve early, any reservations which are paid by Saturday, September 1, will get a $10 discount. And any reservations paid after Monday, October 1 will need to pay an additional $10 late reservation fee.

Ten sites are available in the section of the RV park where we plan to be. If there are more than ten reservations, you'll be in a site down the road (same price). This means if you want to be near the rest of us, be sure to pay for your reservation early.

Please CALL US to reserve your site (rather than email), and let us know which nights you will be joining us and how many people and pets.

To be on the list, your reservation needs to be made through our group, rather than directly with the resort. The preferred method of payment for reservations is via PayPal. You don't need a confirmed PayPal account to make your payment this way if you have a credit/debit card number. When you call on the phone to be put on the list, you will be given specific instructions about how to send your payment, and where exactly to find us when you arrive.

We are looking forward to meeting some new Toyota RV owners. Although we normally host rallies in California and Arizona, we are going to be in New England then and so we can host this one. Consider making your reservation soon -- it's gonna be fun!

Tika and Tom McElvain

Leave a message if you get our business voicemail (health center) and we will call you back.

- - - - - - -

Here now is a link to the website for the RV Park:

http://www.1000trail.../sturbridge.asp

See this link for photos of the RV Park:

http://els.smugmug.c...4m6Xt#!p=1&n=15

For info about visiting the historic colonial town of Sturbridge see here:

http://www.osv.org/

And for the weekend activities (Warning: these are TOO CUTE!):

http://www.1000trail.../sturbridge.htm

Link to the map to find the RV Park:

http://maps.google.c...iwloc=addr&om=1