Water line ID help

noahrexion

Have put about 1700 miles on my 86' Dolphin (rear dinette) in the last 2 weeks - been outstanding!

I am settled at a family residence now, charging and cleaning. I filled my fresh tank, turned on the water pump and the pump would NOT stop running. Generally this has been when the tank gets low and the pump cannot prime as it pulls air in. This is not the case now.

I heard water draining from the outside and I went underneath and took this picture of 2 hoses coming out of the floor. I do not know what they are but they do look as if they're underneath the water heater. Perhaps they are overflow lines for the water heater? When I turn on the pump water just spews out of the line(s) non-stop and the pump runs and runs. I cannot find any leaks anywhere else.

This is an "all of a sudden" type of problem that did not come on gradually. Everything has been working great until this happened (with the water pump that is). Can anyone help me ID these water lines and perhaps help me ID the possible source of my problem with my description thus far? I didn't pinch the output line from the pump (yet) to see if it is an external priming issue since the obvious running water from these line(s) is a priority issue first. I have a feeling that waterever these lines are associated with is where my attention shall need to be directed.

Thanks you outstanding toy'ers in advance!

Austin

post-5371-0-92985900-1315076934_thumb.jp

Fantastic John, thanks for the ID.Have you any idea where I may be able to close them? I hadn't known of any valve(s) to open/close or area where I can get to in order to change O rings.

The picture shows the drain hose under the valves. Look above the drain hoses to find the valves, maybe if you open and shut 'em a few times you can get the leak to stop. Vanman

So little did I know that there are two valves inside the electrical cord access panel, behind the water heater. When I pulled out the cord I opened one of the valves fully. I closed it and solved the mystery.

Just in case folks were wondering. I suppose these are drain valves for the water heater that act as another drain point to help winterize.

Actually, they're drain valves for the entire water system. The water heater should have its own drain valve or "petcock" as they're called, on the front of the water heater tank. It will be mounted down low and when you open the exterior access door you'll see it near the bottom of the tank.

John

• 2 weeks later...

I just finsihed installing a new Atwood water heater in my MH and did not know how to open tose valves. I kept turning them and nothing happened. Out of frustration I decided to just pull the t-handle and found out that I should have pulled it instead of turning. Easy leasson learned. My MH has the waterheater next to the door at the rear of the house opposite of the holding tank.