Hello!

Davidadro

Hello all! I am a noob here, and have found a paradise of toyota owners! I am in the midst of restoring my 1983 Dolphin, and about 90% completed now. Its in the shop as I write this to get the engine up and running perfect again. I have I will some more pictures of my baby in general discussion when I have made more progress. I am excited to be here, and hope to meet on the road sometime! The pictures are of my Yota in progress. Peace!

post-5603-0-83957500-1315034922_thumb.jp

post-5603-0-71889600-1315034861_thumb.jppost-5603-0-00365600-1315034893_thumb.jp

post-5603-0-58757500-1315035045_thumb.jp

Edited by Davidadro

Welcome to the Toyhouse forum. I am also a newbe here but I am learning quickly. I have used my Toy a couple of times and I definitely love it. Retirement starts next year and I hope to use it alot.

Thanks for the comments, I purchased mine in 2006, and lived in it for about 3 years, traviling, and after moving back to midwest. for the last 3 years, I used it for storage basically, and it just sat in the rain, snow and sun. After selling my boat, and getting a Harley, I planned to sell the TOY, but after cleaning it out, I said to myself, "Ya, Know, this saved me a number of times, and it is still in good shape, and with the economy going the way it is, I'd be foolish to get rid of her." So I began to restore her, and paint her, and now gettin the engine going again. I have had an offer for $4200.00 already, but, I want to keep her. Have great times, and thanks again for your kind welcomes. PEACE!

You folks should come to the Toyota Rally at the end of this month in Shipshewana IN......there are already about 20 of us signed up......it is a great place to have all your questions answered in real time. Even if your Toy isn't travel worthy yet, all are welcome! Friends and family of Toy owners welcome too!

Thanks for the comments, I purchased mine in 2006, and lived in it for about 3 years, traviling, and after moving back to midwest. for the last 3 years, I used it for storage basically, and it just sat in the rain, snow and sun. After selling my boat, and getting a Harley, I planned to sell the TOY, but after cleaning it out, I said to myself, "Ya, Know, this saved me a number of times, and it is still in good shape, and with the economy going the way it is, I'd be foolish to get rid of her." So I began to restore her, and paint her, and now gettin the engine going again. I have had an offer for $4200.00 already, but, I want to keep her. Have great times, and thanks again for your kind welcomes. PEACE!

I am considering making the trip. I think that I would have a great time. The wife has some things planned that I would have to grovel to get out of though/

• 2 weeks later...

I will have to see, as my job keeps me on call 24/7, and have to coordinate it with the tech covering my and his area. He plans to take off the last weekend in Sept, so I would like to make it, but it wouldbe up in the air. Keep us posted though about any other rallies that you, or anyone has to offer to us TOY owners. Thanks all, and PEACE!:ThumbUp:

• 8 months later...

You folks should come to the Toyota Rally at the end of this month in Shipshewana IN......there are already about 20 of us signed up......it is a great place to have all your questions answered in real time. Even if your Toy isn't travel worthy yet, all are welcome! Friends and family of Toy owners welcome too!

So, I never asked, and sorry it took so long.... How did the Rally turn out? Did ya have a good turnout? it would be cool to participate in a rally sometime! Thanks and Peace!