Hi All--

Upgrading to a full floating rear axle, a place called Front Range Off-Road Fab. has a kit--every required nut and bolt--for 1.5k (a kit without calipers, etc is about half that, but sales rep claims parts from my current rear axle can't be reused, so unless I have doner parts from a front axle, I really need the full kit). Then I guess another 400-500 to install? IS there a cheaper way to go?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I know someone who used the front range kit but they had to upgrade their axle from 84 to 86 to use it. Much easier to just find a toyota full floater from a junk

yard.

www.car-part.com is the place to look. Make sure you look for 86 and up because older might still be the old bad axle.

I believe there is still some shock attachment welding that has to be done and brake line work

LS

Hi All--

Upgrading to a full floating rear axle, a place called Front Range Off-Road Fab. has a kit--every required nut and bolt--for 1.5k (a kit without calipers, etc is about half that, but sales rep claims parts from my current rear axle can't be reused, so unless I have doner parts from a front axle, I really need the full kit). Then I guess another 400-500 to install? IS there a cheaper way to go?

thanks

Upgrading to a full floating rear axle, a place called Front Range Off-Road Fab. has a kit--every required nut and bolt--for 1.5k (a kit without calipers, etc is about half that, but sales rep claims parts from my current rear axle can't be reused, so unless I have doner parts from a front axle, I really need the full kit). Then I guess another

400-500 to install? IS there a cheaper way to go? thanks

Don't the Toys that come with all 6 bolt wheels also have bigger front brakes ????? Vanman