Breaker changed

terrieo

Ok guys, I replaced the double 15 breaker with same type, still hums, but quits after awhile & box does not get hot, the hum sounds like it is coming from the thing in the space below the breakers,,RV manual just states converter will be warm when in use so don't store flam ables next to it. It is a Magnetek 25 amp power converter with baterry charger with 3 amp charge ratio Ser A Model 6325 3.9 amps 120 vac 60 Hz, Max ouput 30 amps 120 vac.

So does anyone know if it just hums when its recharging as it only gets a lettle warm to the touch as book states but has never gotten hot even with the a/c running? Is Magnetek still an existing company, haven't founf any links to it?

Thx.

TerrieO

it is my understanging that the transformers in the convertor do hum i know myn does and it charges the rv battery a commen auto battery charger hums when pluged in i have a large portable one makes a pretty lould hum i dont know if they are in bussnes my n is an achant and primitve 1978 magnetec 6300 rember not only is it recharging but runs power 12 volts to lights and water pump when pluged in and heater fan

Yes, they do hum a little. There is a relay that could hum and a small transformer that could also hum.

If you plan on leaving your Toyhouse plugged in, you might consider upgrading that converter to one of the modern 3 stage converters.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Waiter i cant park at home i take battery out in winter use a bench charger for perids of time then start up on sunday all winterfor start battery bring home for 2 or 3 days plug in there is a cable with a plug in can un plug convertor off line in full hookup for 3 or 4 days just run plugins and then lights off battery plug back in for 24 hours than leave camp will replace when dies am enjoying brand new norcold frige somday new furnece and convertor still working good just have to manuely manage old things

Thx guys, I've been leaving unplugged while working on water lines, can I replace the other old outlets with GFCI's? Also, there was a white elec cable from closet under BR sink across under shower floor into wall between shower & up behind stove, is this way should be or should it be moved? The white covering was either rubbed or chewed through at one point but i checked & no interior wires damaged so I taped with elec tape & put one of those plastic wire covers over it, is that good enough? The water line is ran under the converter box & under furnace, isn't that asking for trouble? Should I move water line away from them while i'm plumbing, see question i'm posting other forum about plumbing please.

Thx for all your help guys, I'm finding more & more big things wrong, think this may have sat in water or else they ignored leaks a looong time, gettin kind of scary, but your advise has been a god send! Thx again.