Changing breakers

terrieo

Can't get a bryant type brd bd 15-15 breaker in town, guys at Farm & Home store & RP Lumber said it would be ok (even better) to replace it with a BRD 20-20 breaker. Can anyone tell me if this is correct? Need to get this done to see if humming stops when breaker changed, please advise today if poss as going to bigger town to Lowe's tomorrow for water line stuff & will look for 15-15 breaker there if need to.

Thx much.

TerrieO

TerrieO if the current breaker is a 15 15 that means it is a 15 amp breaker four use on 14 gauge wire you do not use a 20 amp brea ker on 14 gauge wire a twenty amp breaker is ok on 12 guage which is heaver 14 wire should only have no more than 15 amp breaker and if i rember correcty a bryant panel can use cuttler hammer breakers i recomnd you take the breaker with you too match it up using too heavy breaker can cause a fire brd may be ok but 15 needs to be 15 why would it be ok to use a heaver 20 amp that would not be good at all fire hazerd

TerrieO if the current breaker is a 15 15 that means it is a 15 amp breaker four use on 14 gauge wire you do not use a 20 amp breacker on 14 gauge wire a twenty amp breaker is ok on 12 guage which is heaver 14 wire should only have no more than 15 amp breaker and if i rember correcty a bryant panel can use cuttler hammer breakers i recomnd you take the breaker with you too match it up using too heavy breaker can cause a fire brd may be ok but 15 needs to be 15

5Toyota,

Thx so much for the quick answer, I thought that didn't sound right, my dad's moto was always "replace it with what came out of it unless a professional tells ya different"! Some guys always think cus your a woman you'll take any answer when they don't know the right one! That's why I'm taking one of my big mean looking (really goodhearted) male friends with me when I take her in for checkup on brakes & tune-up check! I learned to do that with my Toyota Tacoma truck then I have no problems & a lot lower bill! Have a good evening! TerrieO.