'8622re wuth pump in tank?

tlava

Is this true? an '86 Toy (Sunrader, if it matters) with a 22R fuel injected (so I guess RE) with fuel pump in gas tank?

any advice/knowledge about this yr/setup? Is the '86 22re ok (since I guess it's the first yr. for the fuel injected--I thought previoisly '87)?

all i can tell you is my son had a 1986 22re fuel injected long bed 4wd pickup not a moterhome but was a good pickup he just decided he wanted a four runner instead they made both the carb and the efi version at least to 1988 as i myself have had 1987 carb and22re fuel injection 4wd pu my moter home is the older 20r and yes the efi 1986 has the pump in the tankeven some of the carb 20r 1975 to 1978 havepump in the tank after 1978 the carbs went back to mechical pumps on the moter i myself or family has never had to replace one of the fuel pumps on any toyota running out of gas is what dameges eletric pumps

Yes, the fuel pump is in the tank. Had to drop the tank to repair fuel sender on my '86 Coachman with the 22 RE, not a fun job. Good luck.