How to fit Honda eu2000i in 1994 Winnebago Warrior?

bestbowl

I was told that a Honda eu2000i would fit "no problem" into the empty generator compartment on my 94 Toyota/Winnebago Warrior so I picked on up for a grand and now I'm stuck... Anyone have any ideas on hoe to make this fit without spending another grand on a welder to completely re-fabricate the generator storage compartment to fit this sucker?

Thanks

How close to fitting it in are you? If height is the problem, you will gain a couple of inches by cutting off the handle with a hack saw. Makes the generator a little clumsy to move around, but it might be better then doing the sheet metal work. You could always drill some holes in the leftover handle stubbs and thread a rope through the holes to form a collapsable handle.

John

How close to fitting it in are you? If height is the problem, you will gain a couple of inches by cutting off the handle with a hack saw. Makes the generator a little clumsy to move around, but it might be better then doing the sheet metal work. You could always drill some holes in the leftover handle stubbs and thread a rope through the holes to form a collapsable handle.

John

Ouch... That hurts almost as much as the $500.00 welding job... I only need two inches on the height. The handle elimination would work but it would be ghetto ;-)

ghetto.tiff

you should have measured before you purchased------not all of these compartments are the same size----they vary from one make to another. just my 2 cents

Either way I needed it to run the A/C. It is MUCH cheeper and MUCH quieter than the Onan+ installation so it was really the only option. I was just hoping it'd go right in. That's what I was told.

What's above the compartment?

Less than an inch of clearance to the bottom of the pullout couch/bed. The only option would be to drop out the bottom as there is more than a foot of clearance between the ground and the bottom of the box. I am just not familiar or sure of how to do this or what tooling to use. I have been quoted between $500.00 and $1000.00 from welders which I am sure is 99% labor and over charged 10 times especially because they say they won't even be welding it because it is not weldable material.