My 92 Dolphin's front brakes aren't in shown in the Hayne's manual for Toyota pickups in that year span. I tried to search the internet but haven't had any luck yet. Does anyone have a link or info with instructions on how to dismantle to get to pads and rotors? I could go in blind but instructions would give me a bit more confidence.

sorry for the double post....don't know how to delete this one....if someone does, feel free.

Edited by gene jo

If you don't get the answer you need here, try toyotanation. Your front brakes will be the same as any Toyota pickup of your year and "make" (1/2 ton, etc.).

Will do.....I see the rotors aren't that expensive..about $42 through....I have a PEP Boys close by but every time I bring a rotor into them, it's always too thin to turn...don't know if they are telling the truth or not. I have a micrometer but not sure how much they have to take off to resurface them. I'll give it a shot though. Again, thanks.

To tell you the truth, I've never had a rotor turned, I know people will say you must do it, but I mean, I even had a couple that got metal to metal and ground into the rotor, slap some new pads on it and go.

turning the rotors does bring the system back up to 100%, but I contend that If I can lock the brakes up, thats 100%, and I'm willing to take the hit on shortened pad life. (On the ground metal, next time you do the pads you can see the rotor his reasonably smooth again.

Anyway, just my rant on turning rotors that really don't need turning.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

There are two brake sizes the 1 ton rotors are bigger and so are the pads your "92" should have the bigger brakes because your's has the big 6 bolt hub. NAPA should have them I have bought them for mine there I agree with waiter if there is no brake shake and no damage to the rotors from a set of worn out pads just pull the hubs and repack the bearings.

• 2 weeks later...