Hello All,

I just noticed that Sears is selling an All Season Load Range D Hankook tire in size 195/R14.

According to their specs the Max. Load is: 2,094/Single 1,984/Duel.

Any reason that these tires will not work for our Toyotas (usual size 185/r14)?

Dennis Booth

They'll work fine but a member of the toyota campers site bought tires fromSears and they wouldn't install them because it was a motorhome.

At $115 they are also more expensive than the 185's. Times 6 that adds up

Linda S

Hello All,

I just noticed that Sears is selling an All Season Load Range D Hankook tire in size 195/R14.

According to their specs the Max. Load is: 2,094/Single 1,984/Duel.

Any reason that these tires will not work for our Toyotas (usual size 185/r14)?

Dennis Booth

Also, if someone wanted these tires and only Sears carry them, purchase them

for self install and take them to Tire America (and probably other tire stores),

they will install any tires you bring in, new or used, for the same price they

charge if purchased there.

You all are missing two numbers out of the tire size. The 185 is section width (widest portion of the tire) in MM, and 14 is the rim size in inches. In between those numbers is the series - 60, 65, 70, 75, maybe even 80. That is the profile - height of the sidewall in percentage to the width, which makes a huge difference in gear ratio, speedometer accuracy, fuel mileage and performance - just like changing rear gears.

a2ndopinion;

On the light truck tires there is no profile number like that found on passenger car tires.

Check around for tire price - Most stores will match a competitors price. And if your good at negotiating, you'll get the mounting, balancing etc all included in the price. If your not comfortable doing this, call me, I'll negotiate for you, I get 1/2 of the money I save you. :rolleyes:

Generally, if you show them the web site or a newspaper ad for the exact same tire, they'll match the price.

Current prices:

Bus Depot - $79.95

Tread Source - $73.00

Sears - $104.96

Hers the kicker - If you go into the store and they need to order the tires, Don't let them charge you shipping if they order the tires from Bus Depot or Tread Source. When you press this, they aren't really going to order the tires from Bus Depot, they will order them from their warehouse and charge you what Bus Depot (or your matching ad) charges.

If your buying 7 tires, $35 per tire savings is (7 x 35 = $245 savings) :ThumbUp::ThumbUp::ThumbUp:

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

• 2 weeks later...

The usual Hankook RA08 in 185R14D fits rims from 5.0 to 6.0 in width. My local Belleroc tire store (yes Belleroc not Belle) says that the Toyota rims are 5.0 but I have not verified this. If the 195R14 you mentioned on sale at Sears fits a 5.0 rim then I think they should work. I hope these are still on sale because my tires were mounted in 2008 and only have about 6,000 miles BUT the manufacture date is 19th week of 2000 so I want to replace them. Bob Beery