AC replacement 1985 Sunrader

Hi all!

Been thinking of whether to replace or get my old Roof AC fixed. We had a bad hail storm here and the fins got whacked pretty bad, so I am leaning towards replacement.

I have been looking at the Coleman Mach III Power Saver units, but not sure if this would be a good choice for my Sunrader.

I want to be able to use it with Generator power. I have a working Onan 3.0 in my rig right now. My genset powers up the Dometic I have fine, but my AC is low on Freon and it's about half the price of a new one to have it serviced, plus the fin issue.

I am open to recommendations. I want to be able to work on things in the interior this summer and not die from heat stroke.....LOL

I will be running it on house power while fixing things, but eventually may have to use my Genset if I am out camping.

Please advise.

Thom

They sell a fin "Comb" that is used to straighten out cooling fins. Personally, try a regular old hair comb first before buying the fin comb.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Went by to price a Coleman locally, about $100.00 more than I can get one off of the internet, and they don't match pricing :thumbdown:

I did find out that my 3.0 Onan will fun it just fine though, so at least something good came out of the trip!~