New carpet intallation

Guest hiinthesky

I received the new carpet yesterday from Stockinteriors.com. The carpet is a premolded carpet with a reasonable heavy black mass rubber backing. I also ordered extra carpet to do the bathroom and doors. The smallest amount of extra carpet you can order is 3 yards, which measured 3' x 6.5' long. The total cost was $215.00. Remember, the carpet is PREMOLDED carpet - hump ect.Took about 4 hours to install. I still have to install the trim pieces around the door ect. I will wait for a few days before installing the trim to let the carpet relax. Then I will lift the carpet a bit and spray glue underneath it to hold it in place better. The carpet is a good fit. I am pleased with the snugness of the carpet without any stretching.I would rate the overall quality of the carpet a 8 out of 10. Ease of installation 5 out 10 ( now that I have done it will be much easier a 2nd time.) I would cut the carpet from door to door (cut in half) to make the carpet more manageable for installation. A second pair of hands would make the install much easier. The extra carpet that can be ordered does not come with the black mass backing. I will do the doors and bathroom todayAny comments of suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here are some pictures. The spots you see is sun light coming thru the trees. Please let me know if the pictures show up. Brucehiinthesky@cox.net87 Sun Land Express

post-4592-0-45227200-1305131793_thumb.jp

post-4592-0-54606000-1305131807_thumb.jp

post-4592-0-53730900-1305131828_thumb.jp

post-4592-0-98246600-1305131859_thumb.jp

Looks great !! Our Dolphin has the same shag everywhere but no backing. I don't know how thick that carpet is but one thing to watch on the Toyotas is the accelerator clearence. When we got ours it seemed ok around town but on the highway it was a real dog, I couldn't believe this was a 3 L 6 til I was passing someone and found if I pressed real hard on the gas pedal it picked up some power!! Turns out the floormat/carpet combo prevented anywhere near full throttle. With the thick floormat cut back pushing down all the way to the carpet gives me full throttle and now it goes much much better.<br /> Vanman

• 9 months later...

I received the new carpet yesterday from Stockinteriors.com. The carpet is a premolded carpet with a reasonable heavy black mass rubber backing. I also ordered extra carpet to do the bathroom and doors. The smallest amount of extra carpet you can order is 3 yards, which measured 3' x 6.5' long. The total cost was $215.00. Remember, the carpet is PREMOLDED carpet - hump ect.Took about 4 hours to install. I still have to install the trim pieces around the door ect. I will wait for a few days before installing the trim to let the carpet relax. Then I will lift the carpet a bit and spray glue underneath it to hold it in place better. The carpet is a good fit. I am pleased with the snugness of the carpet without any stretching.I would rate the overall quality of the carpet a 8 out of 10. Ease of installation 5 out 10 ( now that I have done it will be much easier a 2nd time.) I would cut the carpet from door to door (cut in half) to make the carpet more manageable for installation. A second pair of hands would make the install much easier. The extra carpet that can be ordered does not come with the black mass backing. I will do the doors and bathroom todayAny comments of suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here are some pictures. The spots you see is sun light coming thru the trees. Please let me know if the pictures show up. Brucehiinthesky@cox.net87 Sun Land Express

I talked to the people at stock interiors and found out

That the carpet for my 1984 pickup is

Listed under 1984 to 1988 trucks not pickups.