MaxxAir Turbo wiring

C-Russ

My wife now knows me as a masterful FUSE BREAKER!!!! In any event, I aquired a Maxx Air fan (it came on the MH I bought) although it was missing the inline fuse so of course it couldnt be tested at purchase! Long story short, I replaced the fuse but it seems its wired wrong, the inline fuse is great, the EXHAUST part of the switch of the fan works flawlessly. But If i switch it to intake (Reverses the fan direction) it POPS the main 15Amp fuse at the junction box. Something has to be wired wrong. I only have 4 wires coming to the switch. I have found the (2) house wires and the (2) wires f/from FAN. Which ones do I hook up to which area in the switch????

This is the picture BEFORE I started messing with it.

And this is the fan I have installed (http://www.maxxair.com/turbo-maxx.html) problem is that this is a NEWER switch, mine is much older. I just have the toggle switch for EXHAUST OFF INTAKE and the Nob on the right for SPEED.

2d9ea0d456.jpg

Edited by C-Russ

Wiring should be something like this:

Note how the wires on the INTAKE / EXHAUST switch criss-cross. All this does is switch polarity of the 12 volts that goes to the fan motor.

If you look carefully at your photo, you can see the wires that do the criss-cross.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

post-4544-0-78171400-1304426264_thumb.jp

Set the fan to intake before you start it and see what happens, AFTER you check Johns wire dia against what you have.

Reversing the fan while its running causes a big power spike.

Wiring should be something like this:

Note how the wires on the INTAKE / EXHAUST switch criss-cross. All this does is switch polarity of the 12 volts that goes to the fan motor.

If you look carefully at your photo, you can see the wires that do the criss-cross.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

The wiring diagram was EXACTLY what I needed. Hooked it right up and it works PERFECTLY. THAnks!

Now on to the next project, I am hanging a new 22" LED TV. Gawd I LOVE this hobby!