Chicago - Vancouver Island, B.C.

C-Russ

Excited to really break in our 91 Toyota Winnebago Warrior on this trip we have day dreamed about for quite some time. Planning ~18 days mid-summer, many stops along the way.

Custer State Park, SD (Mt Rushmore)

YellowStone (Thermopolis Hot Springs)

Sandpoint, ID

Friday Harbor, San Juan Islands, WA

to name a few.

If anyone has any recommendations we will MORE than welcome them.

Wife and I with two boys aged 11 and 6.

98425003_2thumb_550x410.jpg

C-Russ

If you can, take a trip to Glacier National Park, due north of Missoula, Montana about 140 miles. Beautiful place! Also, if you're going through Seattle, take the timne to visit the Hiram M. Crittendon locks that allow boaters access to Lake Union and Lake Washington in Seattle. There are no fees there-everything is free and you and the kids will love watching the boats rise and fall over sixteen feet as the water goes in and out. Parking might be a little tough, but the show and the grounds around the locks are well worth it.

John (former Chicago boy)

Excited to really break in our 91 Toyota Winnebago Warrior on this trip we have day dreamed about for quite some time. Planning ~18 days mid-summer, many stops along the way.

Custer State Park, SD (Mt Rushmore)

YellowStone (Thermopolis Hot Springs)

Sandpoint, ID

Friday Harbor, San Juan Islands, WA

to name a few.

If anyone has any recommendations we will MORE than welcome them.

Wife and I with two boys aged 11 and 6.

98425003_2thumb_550x410.jpg

Why not come over to Canada and Vancouver Island. It sounds as though you'll miss our Toy-In at the end of June,

but if you're coming, we can try to meet up.

Ron 'n Sue

in Tuareg '91 Warrior (looks exactly like yours without the AC)

• 1 month later...

Finalized the trip plans, looks like we are going to miss the Vancouver Island Toy in by 1 DAY!!! If anyone is staying over, we can see you there.

In any event, here is our trip route. I have pointed out some of the more notable points of intrest, but if anyone has anything notable to see along the way, PLEASE SPEAK UP, we would love to see or do anything interesting in route.

Especially on the Canada portion.

Thanks,

b4f1395ecb.jpg

Finalized the trip plans, looks like we are going to miss the Vancouver Island Toy in by 1 DAY!!! If anyone is staying over, we can see you there.

We'll have to leave Nanaimo no later than bright and early Monday morning, June 27. If you could get there at least by evening June 26, it would certainly add to the party - you might even get the prize for longest trip to get there...

You're going to see some beautiful country - you'll miss the home of my youth by a little ways (just north of McCall, Idaho about 8 miles along Idaho Highway 55), but you'll still manage to see some of the pretty parts of the state.

A few items to consider that is on your route:

Wisconsin Dells

If you are a Little House on the Prairie Fan, Desmet, MN

http://desmet.govoffice2.com/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={CA1F29C5-CC08-44A1-BA27-2D4E923B6299}

http://www.discoverlaura.org/

In SD, Wall Drug, and a National Park Missle Silo.

In WY, Buffalo Bill Historical Center: http://www.bbhc.org/home/

In NE, Cabelas Headquarters Store in Sidney, NE

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I drive through Wisconsin Dells twice a day. I have yet to figure out why people drive hundreds of miles to a giant tourist trap. Nobody even looks at the river and the great scenery. they all hang out at the water parks and junk shops. But if you are into water parks, it is the place to go.

Be careful driving through the area, most people leave their brains at home when they travel. A couple of pedestrians are killed every year in the Dells along a 5 mile strip of 4 lane, 35 mph road..