Question with Roof AC

The last couple of times that we have been out in the 92 warrior i have been watching the roof AC. On the last travel trailer i owned if you turned the dial to the coldest position the roof AC would freeze. So on the Toy i had it dialed in just under full blast but to me this was not cold enough. On my Toy i had the roof AC set at the low fan speed and the dial turned all the way to the coldest setteing during the Nascar Races this past weekend. I clipped a temp gauge on the vent to watch and see what the temp is doing because to me it should be getting colder?? Okay so when the compressor kicks on the temp gauge drops down to 60 degrees. Once the compressor kicks back off the temp gauge will rise up to between 65 and 70 maybe a little hotter. My question should the air temp coming out of the unit be colder than 60 degrees when the compressor is running? I would think it should be down around 40 degrees. Does it sound like my roof AC needes recharging or what? I want to get this fixed before the heat of summer. You would think with these little toys the AC would be able to freeze you out if it is turned to the coldest position.

My roof A/C makes 40 degree air. Check your unit for dirty fins on the condenser (outside) and the evaporator (inside).

The discharge temperature of your AC is relative to the ambient air temperature.

"Air conditioning systems have their limits. Each unit is designed for a given temperature drop in degrees. A typical system is designed to cool up to 20 degrees. The temperature differential (also known as Delta T) between the condensor's intake air and the evaporator's output air will be 20 degrees and no more. So, if you have 100 degree air entering your system the output temperature will never be any lower than 80 degrees. As the intake air cools down the output air temperature will also be lowered so the cooling will improve the longer it runs. They key is to start it early enough before the temperatures get too extreme."

http://www.rvcruzer.com/r134.php

Measure the inlet and exhaust (cold) temps. Dry air show a larger drop (delta)

I'm in the high desert and my drop is over 25 deg

Got the AC cover off last night and it was dirty. Blew it out with air compressor then sprayed it down with 409 cleaner. I let the cleaner stay on for about 30 min and then washed it off with water hose. Tonight i will reinstall the covers and start up the roof air unit for testing. I think anybody that has purchased a toyhome in the last 6 months to a year should do this. From the outside everything looked good but once the cover was off this thing hasnt been cleaned in some time. Hopefully she will blow colder now!

Eddie in Texas