Cleaning refrigerator coils

I have a 86 Toyota Dolphin that needs to have the refrigerator coils cleaned and the RV dealer wanted about $120 to clean them. Has anyone done this?

I also have the squealing heater motor problem and the labor to put in new motor is about the same $120. Is this something that I could reasonably do? I am probably fair to medium handy as a mechanic.

Thank you,

Roomballd

I can't help with the refrigerator, but You should be able to do the blower motor yourself.

Check out this link:

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3520

The only problem I had was with the intake tube, it would not slide off the furnace The intake and exhaust tubes are removed from the outside and slide off the furnace.

Look very carefully for the model number of your furnace, There are a lot of manuals on this site, and also the Yahoo group. Download the manuals. You'll need the model number when you order your blower motor -

Good Luck

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

How do you know the coils need cleaning????

You should be able to clean the reefer coils yourself. I've done lots of them and got by with simply using a shop-vac with a crevice tool to get all the dust off.

The blower motor on the furnace is also an easy job. I've replaced two of them on two different RVs. The manual will probably help, but the job is pretty straight forward. Once you start you'll see how things come apart and go back together.

Good luck.

How do you know the coils need cleaning????

The RV dealer says so. I have never used the fridge. I know it works. I was told that once you stop moving the fridge has to be absolutely level when using it or you will wreck it. I have no manual for this thing.

You should be able to clean the reefer coils yourself. I've done lots of them and got by with simply using a shop-vac with a crevice tool to get all the dust off.

The blower motor on the furnace is also an easy job. I've replaced two of them on two different RVs. The manual will probably help, but the job is pretty straight forward. Once you start you'll see how things come apart and go back together.

Good luck.

Dolphonite thanks for responding! How do I get access to the coils?

Roomballd