Where

futar

I have a 91 Winny. I hadn't started it in a week and the battery was weak. It's pretty new. So I'm charging it.

First, I went looking for the isolator. I can't find it. Being lazy, I thought that I would ask. Also what do you recommend for a replacement.

Next, The inside lights don't work. There's juice at the box. I thought it was independent of the chassis battery. It's the upgraded converter.

Thanks

I have a 91 Winny. I hadn't started it in a week and the battery was weak. It's pretty new. So I'm charging it.

First, I went looking for the isolator. I can't find it. Being lazy, I thought that I would ask. Also what do you recommend for a replacement.

Next, The inside lights don't work. There's juice at the box. I thought it was independent of the chassis battery. It's the upgraded converter.

Thanks

Why do you want to replace the isolator? If it is indeed bad would not change out either one if it's solid state replace it with solid state and the same goes for the solenoid type. Both work just fine for what they were intended. If you change out a solenoid type with a solid state it involves wiring changes, cutting wires, and adding wires for very little gain. But if you have a solid state type it means you have to put every thing back to original Toyota to install a solenoid. You should have a fuse for the interior lights they run off the the coach battery. Have you tried the lights when it's plugged in?

The Isolator solenoid on my 88 Dolphin is on the drivers side firewall. There is also a fuse/circuit breaker on the drivers side fender.

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3561

scroll down to post 7 for some photos.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the isolator.

Now if only I could get juice to the box. As I said, there is shore power power and still no juice.

The isolator will have no effect on your shore power all of that should work when it's plugged in. I don't know what you have for a converter/charger the early ones had a relay the newer ones do not. When it's plugged in it does two things, charges your coach battery and lights your coach lights and any thing else back there that might be 12 volts. When it's plugged in it starts to work there is no switch it runs as long as it's plugged in. If it has a relay that can cause you some grief but generally only when you switch back to battery. Some converter/chargers have fuses directly mounted on them to protect the wiring and the converter so I guess it's time to pull out the trusty volt meter and find out where the power went. Usually the converters are directly wired to the main breaker on the shore supply side so ti's possible that you may have a problem with your shore power cable it's self just be careful checking it it's high voltage best done with the ohm meter when it's unplugged!

As Maineh suggested, Shore Power will supply 12Volts (thats the job of the converter) to the coach if the truck isn't running.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "Juice to the box".

On your first post you said you had juice at the box, now you say you don't ????????.

You mentioned that you have an upgraded converter. Has this ever worked????