installing new atwood water heater

cabezon

I just bought a new Atwood G6A-7 for my 1985 New Horizon. The old one blew out on one of the welds, so I figured it was better to replace than try to fix.

It looks like everything hooks up much like the old one, propane, water, etc. But, has anybody figured out an easy way to go from the stock grey plastic pipe to something that's easy to find, say at Home Depot? I just have the hot water line plugged at this point.

Thanks a lot in advance. I'm already glad I found this forum.

Edited by cabezon

I just bought a new Atwood G6A-7 for my 1985 New Horizon. The old one blew out on one of the welds, so I figured it was better to replace than try to fix.

It looks like everything hooks up much like the old one, propane, water, etc. But, has anybody figured out an easy way to go from the stock grey plastic pipe to something that's easy to find, say at Home Depot? I just have the hot water line plugged at this point.

Thanks a lot in advance. I'm already glad I found this forum.

The gray stuff is a different size then the modern pex I think some of the guys/gals have had luck with shark bite fittings they go over the lines not inside. I have used them to join pex to copper they work great might be worth a try.

• 3 weeks later...

5 Toyota i have a mobile home and toyota mote r home with that grey pipe ihave much exp with this i very much recomend shark bite fiting ex product work great grey poly butline or pex pvc all around great product