Sunrader Electronic Servo

Rocinante Sunrader 88

Looking behind the kick plate to the left of the clutch pedal in my new 88 Sunrader I found a small (6"x6"x1") black box labelled "electronic servo."

It has a light labelled "ignition light" that comes on when the key is on, another labelled "motor light" that presumably comes on when the motor is on, and a hole with an adjusting screw in it labelled "increase) and another labelled "centering."

It is connected to a plug that has about 16-28 wires in it. and it has a "not user servicable" label on it with a date that seems to be consistent with the manufacturing date of the RV (although it could be that of the chassis, as they are both 1988.)

Anyone have any idea what this is? It seems way too sophisticated to be related to my airbag system and I cannot imagine what else it might be. I would assume that the circuitry for connecting and isolating the batteries is contained in the electrical center back in the coach and in the battery compartment under the hood. If it was a chassis part I would not expect it to be so clearly american made.

Yep sounds like a electronic cruse control there were some made that used a motor instead of vacuum.