Water Pump

marilyn

Hi everyone,

We are new at this, only 2nd trip 11/5-11/7/10. 92 v6 Dolphin. Still trying to figure it out since the manuals are useless.

We get hot water, in fact it's scalding and have to figure out how to turn down temp, BUT we only get water when connected to the "city water" inlet. How do we get water using the water pump, and not connected to the city water. If for instance, if we stop on the road how do we get water? Haven't been able to figure this out. We have depressed the water pump button on the panel on the wall and can hear the pump but no water. Can anyone help us out? Yes, the potable water take is filled. Thanks in advance.

Jer & Mar

Mt Prospect, IL

Could be the pump is bad.

I had the same problem with scalding water. Problem is some (most) RV water heaters can not be adjusted. The thermostat that turns the flame on and off is in a bracket which presses the thermostat against the tank. They are a preset temperature. I went to Home Depot and purchases a thermostat that is adjustable for $9, modified my bracket to retain it against the tank and adjusted it to my desire. Works great. http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xgl/R-100116468/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Some propane ones have a little lever that you can't see that's behind the thermostat/gas valve it's self. You can put your finger on it but thats about it if it moves it is adjustable. I had a water pump that would not pull water but if I got water into it it would pump got tired of that and replaced the pump! Look into the the new quiet(er) pumps you'll be glad you did.