What are these???

Vanman

We just got a 91 Dolphin and I found on the floor to the left of the hot water heater 2 small plastic things sticking up, the top of which is a square loop that moves up & down. One is attatched to the cold water line and is L shaped , the bottom of the L is a small plastic line that goes down into the floor. The other one is sticking up out of the floor and I can only see the top. I am guessing these are perhaps a drain of some sort for the lines??? If so where do they go???

On another note, the cold water line that passes thru this area and under the fitting that goes into the bottom of the hot water heater has been rubbing against the fitting and is worn almost completely thru !!! I'm not sure how thick this line is, but the checkmark shaped divot looks really deep to me. I am thinking some epoxy and plumbers tape will take care of this as 40# pressure is the max anyway. Sure am glad I bought that regulator before I hooked up the garden hose!! 85,500 miles on the rig. I have checked every inch of the water lines I can see and no other problems seen. Vanman

Pictures? Some of the MH had drains with valves on them that are lower then the water lines under the coach or it might be a heater bypass.

Those are waterline drainplugs. If you root around under your sofa near the water pump you will find a couple more drains (for the waterline and the water tank. They are important to know about if you live where you need to winterize your plumbing. I marked mine with bright plastic tape so I can easily see (or feel) them. They drain thru the floor of the motor home.

Didn't know that some rigs had 2 sets of these drains. My 87 Dolphin has only one set. Good thing mine are there, I have to drain everything to get it ready for winter in northern Michigan.