Scan of Operator's Manual

dayoff53

Since I was lucky enough to get a 1992 Warrior 321RL with a complete set of original documents, it was suggested to me that others who weren't so lucky might want a scan of the Operator's Manual. I have scanned it and saved it in .doc, .docx and .pdf formats. Unfortunately, all of them are MUCH too large to attach to a post here. The smallest of the lot is the PDF file, which is still around 20MB - I guess I should have scanned at a lower resolution. Anyway, here is a link to the file in my Google Documents. I left out all blank pages to save scan time and file size.

I claim no rights to this document and I see no copyright marks, but I imagine it is still the intellectual property of Winnebago Industries. Use it freely as far as I am concerned.

20MB? Gulp!

Yeah, it could be much improved if somebody with a good OCR program would convert it to text and illustrations instead of 70 scanned images...

Thank you for taking the time to scan this and make it available. It took about 20 seconds to upload via broadband internet. I have an 89 odyssey, but it looks like much of the manual applies to my vehicle as well. I particularly noticed the spare tire storage option underneath the back. I considered this area for a spare gas tank recently but ended up putting the 2nd tank in another location forward of the primary original tank. My spare is located on the bumper. My wife would like to have a storage box made for the back bumper and so she would like me to find another spot for the spare tire. (See the included picture taken on the way back from the recent Restoring Honor Rally on 8/28 in Washington D.C., the picture also shows the Kolpin spare fuel and water tanks that I took along just to "be prepared"). I'd love to find a rear tire mounting system with the crank that I see in your user manual. Guess I have another toy to find. Thanks again.

post-3988-038892000 1287075324_thumb.jpg

I particularly noticed the spare tire storage option underneath the back.

As you noted in the manual, the spare tire was optional on the Warrior - and ours doesn't have that option. We are the third owners and neither of the prior owners had a spare. The most recent owner added a receiver hitch so that he could mount a bike rack on it - not for towing. I am considering buying a spare tire mount for the receiver hitch. The only one I have found is a Curtis C3106 (or CU-3106) - about the best price I have found is just under $100 with free shipping here. Of course, I would then need to buy a rim for the spare tire. For that, the best price I have found is about $91 with shipping here (available in silver or white). I have a tire that will work, but it is still going to cost $200 to get it mounted on the vehicle. Given that Winnebago didn't think a spare was necessary (they said to remove the flat if it is one of the duals or move one dual to the front if it is a front tire, then limp to the nearest repair facility), I don't know whether I will do this.

Winnebago offered the spare as an option that could NOT be ordered if you ordered the generator. I assume this was because they were concerned (rightly) about weight!

Do two good airbags help this at all? One of mine is blown and needs replacement.

Two good air springs will not increase your load rating (GVWR). All they will do is help it to look as though it's not overloaded.

If it is indeed a leaking air spring, they can be bought individually, though buying 2 seems to cost almost as much as a complete 'kit' which will also give you new hoses, which can also be a source of leaks.

dayoff53: Thanks for posting the owners manual. Lots of good stuff in there, particularly the outer diagrams showing what each vent/hatch is. I've seen many past posts of "what is this exterior door for".

Alvin: The spare tire cranks should be the same as on a similar era Toyota pickup truck and probably 4Runner. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

• 3 weeks later...

Do two good airbags help this at all? One of mine is blown and needs replacement.

Two good air springs will not increase your load rating (GVWR). All they will do is help it to look as though it's not overloaded.

If it is indeed a leaking air spring, they can be bought individually, though buying 2 seems to cost almost as much as a complete 'kit' which will also give you new hoses, which can also be a source of leaks.

You want your air bags to work. Handling will be greatly improved. The bags are made out of rubber. Tires have a life span of 8 to 10 years, so my guess is so do air bags. I would replace both at the same time.

Thank you for taking the time to scan this and make it available. It took about 20 seconds to upload via broadband internet. I have an 89 odyssey, but it looks like much of the manual applies to my vehicle as well. I particularly noticed the spare tire storage option underneath the back. I considered this area for a spare gas tank recently but ended up putting the 2nd tank in another location forward of the primary original tank. My spare is located on the bumper. My wife would like to have a storage box made for the back bumper and so she would like me to find another spot for the spare tire. (See the included picture taken on the way back from the recent Restoring Honor Rally on 8/28 in Washington D.C., the picture also shows the Kolpin spare fuel and water tanks that I took along just to "be prepared"). I'd love to find a rear tire mounting system with the crank that I see in your user manual. Guess I have another toy to find. Thanks again.

Alvin,

What did you think of the Restoring Honor Rally?

Alvin,

What did you think of the Restoring Honor Rally?

Well, for me it was a 19-day "odyssey" in my odyssey. But actually, the rally was very spiritual... there was a literal "sign" at the beginning... the only one needed, because the rest of the crowd did not bring signs. We had prayer for nation, for the congress, and for the success of our President. We "challenged" those who attended to be better to others and to themselves through acts of charity... best of all, there was a 40-day challenge to pray on your knees daily, to think about self-less acts of service to others.

I came back basically a new man.... there was nothing but goodness in that place on 8/28 and I feel like it still lives in me now, months later.

Did you go too?