Dash Brake Light

doghouse

My 1990 Odyssey had that alt light on that would go away and brake light on that would go away. I think I solved the alt light but the brake light seemed to stay on for longer periods of time then the last time I used the camper going down the highway we hit a bump and then it stayed on permanently. Is there a loose connection some place I can check? I did replace the relay or switch thing that the brake handle pushes in when you release the brake located above the gas peddle (switch from junk yard). What is the dash brake light for? What is it suppose to tell you? Low pad wear? Any one have a pic of the thing or area I need to check? Brakes seem to work fine.

I think a 90 and up has a low brake fluid switch also on the cover to the master cylinder that will also light the brake lamp.

If you unplug the parking brake switch the light should go out if it's bad or held on if not it's some thing else. There is a low brake fluid switch on the later module units that is in the chain for the brake light both of the switches are normally open they have to close to light the lamp.