Primp and paint maker what she aint

post-3140-058516200 1285986935_thumb.jpgpost-3140-057541400 1285986946_thumb.jpgpost-3140-042279200 1285987387_thumb.jpg

I haven't been on here in a while and I feel I owe a lot to this site for helping with my decision to purchase and improve a Toy. I bought our 1984 Dolphin last August and since have taken many trips up and down the coasts of Michigan, plus one 8,000 mile trek from Michigan out to Oregon and down the California coast surfing and kiting. Any problems? Just a flat tire, no fault of the rig. Mountain passes where slow and the shlog back along I-80 in the heat was slightly disheartening, but other than that I couldn't have imagined it any better. So, here is what we did to our rig. Nothing major, just some adjustments. First I needed a roof rack to get my surfboards out of the living space, and I wanted a box up there for kiteboarding gear. I installed a Yakima roof rack by drilling into the roof. I was scary but I needed to get the gear up there. Then my wife and I repainted the inside and replaced the carpet with a overlapping laminate floor that made it water proof for all the wetsuits and beach sand. My wonderful wife also sewed all new curtains (with a cool beach style pattern) and we bought some fitted sheets to go over the old upholstery. Mechanically, I had all new brakes done, new tires, and a new exhaust system. Here are some pics.

• 2 months later...

The inside looks amazing! DId it come with cabinetry like that? Looking to do and overhaul of the interior of my new (to me) 84 Sunrader. What kind of motor do you have, Im interested in replacing my exhaust system, wondering what you have and what it cost? Thanks for any help!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

That looks great, but actually we have nearly the exact same interior. We have a 1985 Coachmen. The only difference i can see is that you have two cabinets under your sink.

We went a different direction with our interior remodel, but check it out at www.thedoverguppy.com

• 1 year later...