Canvas Covers for 22' Odyssey

Alvin

Hi, we're looking for a cover for our 22-foot Toyota Odyssey (89). We came up with this one...

http://www.safeguardcovers.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CV-RVC-32024-GE

...which looks like it should work, but it's out of stock. Anyone have experience buying these and have any links or recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...
Triple layer polypropylene top panel beads water on contact provides maximum resistance to rainfall and snow

this was from the description. it basically means almost waterproof.

i have used tarps in the past and they are the same....almost waterproof. It is important that the cover not have puddles forming on it, which is rather tricky. Puddles WILL leak through.

For an extra few hundred, you can find a tent garage type structure which will keep your odyssey nice and dry. I plan on doing this very soon or maybe rig one up myself.

When I stored mine outside I made two "saw horses" only about 18" tall put them on the roof then covered it, made a semi pitched roof. It also allowed me to open the rear vent.

Love the saw-horse idea. I think you're absolutely right to do this to keep the water from pooling. I'll be implementing some version of this over the winter... side note: I'm worried about damaging the roof with the contact with the saw-horses, so I'm going to be adding some footpads of some kind. Don't want holes to patch in the spring.

It also occurs to me that maybe I could also park the vehicle with a set of low car ramps (5 or 6 inches tall) on the front to drain any water which gets under the saw-horse-propped-up tarp off the back? I suppose as long as I don't run the fridge it might be okay... but I'm not sure. Anyone know if parking like this could damage the fridge?