refrigerator upside down

Anyone ever tried the "upside down" "trick" to get the plumbing on the ammonia circuit on an refrig to working better?

As I understand, if One is not getting good cooling after verifying heat is present (electric and/or propane) the the assumption is that the ammonia circuit is not percolating and that as by inverting the unit for 12 hours followed by 12 hours upright before trying it again One can improve the functioning.

Any reports?

Might work sorta. Reality is if its not working very well then some of the chemical components have probably solidified. Once that happens its over.

can anyone explain what process is going on inside the cooling unit?

I have read reference to some of the materials converting to solids - is there anyway to test for this beside just turning it on & measuring the temps in the refrig?

can anyone explain what process is going on inside the cooling unit?

I have read reference to some of the materials converting to solids - is there anyway to test for this beside just turning it on & measuring the temps in the refrig?

Follow this link as it will explain better than I can http://www.rvrefrigeratorrepair.com/how_it_cools.html