AC unti

The coleman cub series AC unit comes in a 9000 btu and 13,000. The price and weight is not a significant difference. I might try and run it on a Honda 2000, but may upgrade at some point to a Honda 3000.

Is there a problem trying to run the 13,000 unit on a Honda 2000? I would like to buy once.

My 1990 odyssey did not come with an AC unit. I took off the frame and screen for the middle vent to clean it and did not see any wires. Would they be there someplace or do I have to run some? Any tips here?

I assume the cub AC unit just drops in. When ordering do I need a shrowd cover or does that come with it?

Anything else? I am a newbie to any motorhome or camper.

The bigger AC unit would be my choice.

Here is the mathematics for figuring out wattage and current. To figure out wattage it is current times voltage. 10 amps times 120 volts equals 1200 watts.

To figure out amperage it is wattage divided by volts, 1200 watts divided by 120 volts equals 10 amps.

There several things to figure the startup of the AC compressor is a lot more than the running amps, also the cycle time when the compressor shuts off and restarts on the temp control should be a wide differential so the Head pressure has a chance to go down so the start won't be so hard.

Altitude & temperature also derates the generator,at one point I think I found that the Honda 2000 would power my 9000 BTU unit not so sure about the area we go where its 9000ft,at the present its a older Koler 2.5K noisy and has to run full bore 3000 rpm even under a light load. Ive heard the Honda runs a lot quieter when the Kohler gives up, will probably go with the Honda just built some kind of slide where the old gen sits and use it that way.

Check you breaker panel you may have to add a 20 amp breaker but I think the wires are pulled you may have to take all the vent trim off to find them. Yes it's a drop in deal the mounting is 14X14 get a gasket set from an RV dealer if there is none with the unit. I don't know if the A/C comes with the cover you think it would if it's new.

My fuse panel has the main 30 amp. There is a hand written sticker next to the fuses that says the number 2 15 amp fuse is for the micro, number 3 20 amp fuse is for AC and number 4 is for general purpose. The number 3 20 amp fuse and number 4 15 amp fuse are two switches on one fuse.

I can check the middle vent again for wires. Would the wires be in the middle or rear vent?

Also the above cab lights do not work. used a test light and nothing. Where is the sorce for the wires?