furnace doesn't heat

My second need is advice on what might be wrong in regards to the furnace. Again it's in a 91 winnie and only blows recirculating air. 2 weeks ago it worked fine. Now there is no flame. Any ideas?

Two possibilities, one the ignition controller has failed, two you just need to adjust the gap on the spark. You want to try adjusting the gap first as the controller is pricey. What is the brand and model of the furnace? Also note that I am moving this thread to the appliance forum.

I have the manual for that furnace I think. I will try to scan it and get it online. But in order to adjust the spark gap you have to pull that furnace out as the spark er is located in the center of the top and I think you have to disconnect the gas valve to get to the area. The igniter needs to be adjusted to 1/8 inch gap. I have the same furnace and it was a pain. Some have a cover on the outside that can be removed and then pull the furnace out, some only have the vent cover and they have to be removed from the inside. There are only 4 wires to disconnect, 2 for the thermostat and 2 for the power. I suggest bench testing it while its out. Simply hook the power leads to a car battery and short the thermostat wires together and it should start up. There is also a air flow switch that has to engage for gas to flow. Not sure where it is but its a flapper that sucks shut when the blower is running and activates the switch. It might take me a few days before I can scan the manual so you might do a google on the model and see what you get.

Also as a note, there are two chambers with two squirrel cage fans (one motor), one for the gas combustion side and one for the forced heat side. If it turns out that its the controller module there is the real expensive one then there is another I think called elephant or rhino or something like that that is about half the price.

Dinosaur boards, they are much nicer then stock boards very well built and they don’t give up after the first attempt to light they try 3 times before they time out. I think some of the new revisions even turns off the fan if it does not light, nice feature. Dinosaur makes boards for all kinds of applications mostly for old stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for sharing your advice. Maineah was right on this one. I put a charger on the coach battery, went inside and turned on the furnace and after 20 second or soTHE FLAME CAME ON. Now I need to know why my coach battery was low. My trucks alternator charges the coach battery as well as the toys battery right?