What are little electrical things on either side of Sunrader isolator

Sunnynshare

I am doing a head gasket job on our 21 ft 1988 Sunrader RD and tried to be ginger when taking off these old parts, crack, oops. Wow, got the battery box out and Sunrader sure did a hatchet job making room for the box. At any rate, anyone know what these are and a supplier or part number? Thanks, Kim.

post-4012-1279081465305_thumb.jpg

Yep that there be the remains of a 30 amp auto reset breaker just about any auto parts store should have them. Now you seem to have an issue with your isolator you are missing a wire that goes to the smaller terminal on the relay so it seems kind of unlikely that you are charging the coach battery. It also kind of looks like a starter relay perhaps that is why it is disconnected if it is a starter relay they will last about 1 hour before they cook. Have a look for a #14 or so wire with a ring terminal on it that should be hot with the key on to link the two batteries together for charging. what you need there is an internally grounded continuous duty relay (one with only 1 small terminal) and a wire to turn it on with the key in the run mode.

Yep that there be the remains of a 30 amp auto reset breaker just about any auto parts store should have them. Now you seem to have an issue with your isolator you are missing a wire that goes to the smaller terminal on the relay so it seems kind of unlikely that you are charging the coach battery. It also kind of looks like a starter relay perhaps that is why it is disconnected if it is a starter relay they will last about 1 hour before they cook. Have a look for a #14 or so wire with a ring terminal on it that should be hot with the key on to link the two batteries together for charging. what you need there is an internally grounded continuous duty relay (one with only 1 small terminal) and a wire to turn it on with the key in the run mode.

Sorry to be confusing. In my post I noted that I had taken the battery box out of the RV -- this solenoid is mounted to the battery box and it is sitting on my bench while I took the picture. The wires you speak about are still in the engine compartment and labeled. I believe that this is a proper isolator but I will ohm it and clean it up before I re-install. Thanks for the help (I will surely have more q's as this is the first RE I have done). Kim