Tire blowout - Electrical ripout

bjammerz

Hi all! This is my first post, so I hope this isn't covered elsewhere not sure where to look. My model is a 1989 Toyota Dolphin.

I just had a tire blowout on the highway, and this rear tire ripped the whole wheel well out and took a lot of electrical wires with it. At least 6 wires were severed in the process that I can count, which has left no electrical to the rear cabin (including severing water lines and crushing gas line). It also completely crushed my heater, it was a terrible disaster.

P1000815.jpg

(from underneath: )

P1000817.jpg

I couldn't find any wiring diagrams with my user manuals, and am not a schematics wiz either, so I was hoping to turn to you guys for maybe some help identifying where the wires go (they don't all have 2 ends where I can bridge the wire, some were ripped from wherever they went.)

The big thing I need help with is how the battery connects to the panel. When I opened the battery compartment to unhook the wires for safety, there were no wires on the negative terminal. Also, a terminal joiner of some kind on the back of the battery box was destroyed. Both wires that are there now on this terminal joiner went to the positive terminal if that helps. -

P1000819-1.jpg

P1000827-1.jpg

There are 2 pretty large gauge wires that were severed and seem like they would be power / battery type cables, one white one and one black one that go to what looks like terminals on the panel:

P1000824.jpg

P1000823-1.jpg

I'm guessing one goes to the pos terminal and one to negative? - is the white one power and the black one ground?

Last but not least, it also ripped out my plug that you use to tap in to power at a campground - the one that has an extension cord that goes outside. Where do these attach?

photo-1.jpg

Thanks for any help in advance!

Edited by bjammerz

Glad you're in good enough shape after your mishap to be able to make your 1st post!

Can't help you with wiring diagrams for your Dolphin, but MAYBE diagrams for a Winnebago might help.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/Wiring.htm

I do have a recently acquired '91 SeaBreaze in the driveway that I could always go and photograph for you.

Good luck.

P.S. I hate electrics!!

You got two things going on there both battery wiring and power wiring. You really need to find a friend in your neighborhood that knows wiring. The 120 volt stuff is some thing you do not want to mess with unless you know wiring, the group of white wires are the common 120 volt wires and your shore power ground is ripped off they must be wired properly or it can be very dangerous.