Oregon toyins

futar

I have a place on the central Oregon coast with a 55 x 65 driveway and a place inland on the Siuslaw River.

I would like to get a group together of Toyhomes for year round camping in Oregon. I'm tired of associates with monster motor homes that need an aircraft carrier to park on. I go prospecting in central Oregon in the warmer weather and I am starting gold panning if anyones interested. Seems like there's a ton of toy homes around here but I doubt they're organized. I am co sponsor of a successful social group that does theme pot lucks, hiking, kayaking, concerts, etc. I would like to do the same for Toy RVing.

Please contact me if interested.

futar :D

• 4 weeks later...

I have a place on the central Oregon coast with a 55 x 65 driveway and a place inland on the Siuslaw River.

I would like to get a group together of Toyhomes for year round camping in Oregon. I'm tired of associates with monster motor homes that need an aircraft carrier to park on. I go prospecting in central Oregon in the warmer weather and I am starting gold panning if anyones interested. Seems like there's a ton of toy homes around here but I doubt they're organized. I am co sponsor of a successful social group that does theme pot lucks, hiking, kayaking, concerts, etc. I would like to do the same for Toy RVing.

futar :

Hi, I'm Ron Swanson and my wife is Barbara. We own an 82 Sunrader, purchased about 15 months ago in Bend (our home). While we a little too old for year round camping -- we're in our mid-60's -- getting together during the summer would be a lot of fun. One of our favorite camping spots is Union Creek Campground near Baker. I bring this up because nearby Sumpter is good gold panning territory. Plus there's some great restaurants and the ride into Baker is an easy 20 miles. The city of Sumpter, by the way, provides showers with ample hot water for 75Cents.

I know of two Sunrader owners living in Bend. One lives in his rig year round though I think he takes it south during the winter months. The other has just finished a total refurb of an '86. There's probably a half dozen Dolphins in town.

There's another Sunrader in Salem. He camps in nearby La Pine State Park several times a year. I've talked to him briefly but I don't know his name.

Where's your place on the Oregon Coast? Is it "wet"? Do you rent it out?

"Luck to you in your organizing efforts.

• 3 months later...

Greetings!

Still looking for campers? I've got a '75 Chinook that's a peach and have been feeling like a daschund among mastiffs out there. Figured I'd just motor to friend's and family places and give up on the public campgrounds. I'm also looking for advise on patching up the vinyl on the pop-top. Any advise?

Cheers!

Chinooker

futar, and everyone;

I need to get back to the Cascade Lakes Highway, La Pine, and see east central Oregon (Baker?). I've got an '88 Itasca 319RB (don't think it has a model name at that vintage) and like the idea of a clutch of micro-minnies gathered for the world to see, or should I say, not see? I would prefer boondocking or at least having some boondocking on an excursion.

I need to see these Sunraders that have recently piqued my interest. No dissatisfaction with Winnebago, but changing needs. Quite a few 'Raders tucked away in driveways and yards down here, many melting away back into the land.

On a trip of that length I would likely be travelling solo, as my partner is tired of the distances and only wants to stay in hookup campgrounds. We've put on about 20,000 miles together in five seasons. Her change of heart began in mid-June 2005 when daytime snow was forecast while we were at Paulina Lake. It turned into another driving vacation instead of staying put. She's no longer happy with that, either.

I'm starting a sabbatical on March 1, ostensibly to remodel my stick house, but have many irons in the fire and am open to suggestions.

In the future, if people turned out to be compatible, I could offer overnight parking in my neighborhood here. This year will be difficult because the utility company has the streets torn up. Street parking is the reason I kept the Toyota after the first season, for which it was acquired (Glacier's 21-foot length limit), and now I've bonded with it.

Steve R.

San Francisco, Oregon (almost)

• 2 weeks later...

We live in Boise Idaho and often take trips to Oregon. This last fall we purchased a '93 Seabreeze and we've been fixing it up all winter and are hot to trot to try it out. We'd be interested in some Toy-in's within a reasonable distance from us. :ThumbUp:

seabreeze.jpg

Hang in there, I'll start arranging trips in March. We're having a very wet spring. I've been getting a lot of interest. Be careful were you drive, Oregon has seven major climate zones. Some roads in higher elevations are not passable until July. In case you don't follow the news, there have been a couple of cases in the past year of people getting stuck in mountain passes in the winter. There was one death. There are not only forests here but wilderness areas. Why do you think that the Sasquatches like it here?

There are places like where I am where it rarely freezes. Right now in central Oregon lower areas it is about 16 degrees at night versus a low of 45 degrees where I am. We get Rvers year round on the coast. Check weather.com and you can dial 511 within Oregon for road reports. I carry cable chains year round. They can also be a help in a muddy area.

Central Oregon has surprisingly good cell phone reception probably because it's flat(at least on Verizon, which seems to be the way to go here). However, it's analog (If your cell is tri mode) and eats battery time like mad. In mountain areas, forget it. I still like having the good old CB radio.

I will update

• 1 month later...

Sorry, we have had endless rain and hail up until lately as Lizzy knows. Just a week ago there was snow above 2,500 feet. It looks like the worst is over and we can finally start planning. Lizzy, my coast place is in Florence and the river place is in Swisshome.

I am tied up the 16-21 of May because it's the 100th anniversary of Rhody parade and I am on the committee to bring the Vietnam Moving Wall in for that event.

http://www.florencechamber.com/EvRhody.html

http://www.vmpc.org/html/the_moving_wall_florence.html

I thought I would be marketing my coast property but that will be next month so if people would like to experience the Rhody days they would be welcome here. I can put about three other Toy homes here. The driveway is paved and 55 x 65 feet. I can give some juice but I have no RV sewer hookup. However, downtown has a free dump station and a county park up the road has one. There are also state, county and Federal parks in the area. If you haven't been here, Rhody days is a kick and there are tons of trails, lakes and parks around here. My other group does beach bonfires.

I have to get my central Oregon schedule together because I want it to coincide with prospecting. Please share your preferences. We could create an Undernet IRC channel for open discussion and planning.

• 10 months later...

Hi, we are new to forum and live in SW Washington. We have a 1990 Seabreaze and love it! We are farmers so summer doesn't always work for us, but spring and fall. We would love to get together with other TOY owners.

Dorothy & Alan

Edited by Dorothy & Alan

• 4 weeks later...

We live in British Columbia on Vancouver Island. Last summer we bought a 91 Warrior and would love to meet some other Toy owners in the Northwest. We'll keep an eye on this thread and hope to join some of you on get-togethers in Oregon or elsewhere in this general region.

Wayne & Irene

We live in British Columbia on Vancouver Island. Last summer we bought a 91 Warrior and would love to meet some other Toy owners in the Northwest. We'll keep an eye on this thread and hope to join some of you on get-togethers in Oregon or elsewhere in this general region.

Wayne & Irene

Hi Wayne

I too live in B. C. in the Fraser Valley, we bought our Warrior in Oct last year, didn't get much chance to work on it through the winter (due to surgery) but we crossed our fingers and took her on a 5000 mile trip down the Baja, We left home on Feb 2nd and got back Easter weekend, only had one problem on the way home, a broken fan belt, that happened in California, so was an easy fix, apart from that she ran fine, we had a great time and met lots of other Toy owners along the way, Baja must be a Mecca for them!!!!

Mike

This has been a cool wet spring although it hasn't stopped me. I have been going camping/beach combing up and down the coast. We'll be starting kayaking this week. I have some extra kayaks if anyone is down this way. You really need time to indulge in what the Oregon coast has to offer.

I will be going camping in central Oregon this summer with the Mineral and Gem club although all Toys are welcome. We have permission to camp on someone's ranch to prospect.

There is a great 4th of July in Yachats. They let you park over night in the street. The day of the 4th we "homestead" on the beach. People use rocks and driftwood to stake out their site. Very nice crowd of people with world class fire works and entertainment.

Give me a good look ahead if you're coming by this way. Or I can help with a travel agenda like I've done for others.

post-332-1207245788_thumb.jpg

post-332-1207245801_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hey Wayne, we headed for Van Isle in mid Sept, Daughter in Victoria, good friend in Qualicum bch good friend on Galliano island - maybe long beach & up to North end & ferry to Prince Rupert (maybe) where are you? may be grab a coffee someplace.

Tony & Susan

Edited by nibs

• 3 months later...
Hey Wayne, we headed for Van Isle in mid Sept, Daughter in Victoria, good friend in Qualicum bch good friend on Galliano island - maybe long beach & up to North end & ferry to Prince Rupert (maybe) where are you? may be grab a coffee someplace.

Tony & Susan

Hi Tony and Susan: I must apologize for this VERY late reply. For some reason I just didn't see your message on this site until today. Obviously it's long past the time you visited the Island last fall, but we'd love to meet you folks if you plan a return visit in 2009. Send us a message at carnwini@shaw.ca if you make new plans to visit here. Wayne & Irene

• 3 months later...

Count us in as soon as we find a unit. Are you still game....see I'm responding to a 3 year old post!

• 2 years later...

Hi Mike

We're working on a Toy In on Vancouver Island this summer. Have a look at the folder on this site. If you're interested we'd love to get your input on place and dates ... and especially to see you at the event once we get it sorted out. Cheers, Wayne