86 Toyota Damon with 68,000 miles..GOOD DEAL ?

enolaniaga

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=190402143532

scroll halfway down the page :::

I can get this for $3500 cash . Is this a good deal , or still to much money ? Its a automatic with low miles . I guess it is the 5 lug pattern on the rear. Is there anyway I can tell if it was fixed on the recall when they had problems with the 5 lug setup ?

Edited by enolaniaga

I see that the reserve was not met with the high bid being 1925.00. Water damage is a scary commitment. And the rear axle is unknown. If its the 5 lug look at around $2000 to replace it. Maybe someone who has done the axle can give a better idea on cost.

I see that the reserve was not met with the high bid being 1925.00. Water damage is a scary commitment. And the rear axle is unknown. If its the 5 lug look at around $2000 to replace it. Maybe someone who has done the axle can give a better idea on cost.

If it is a 5 lug, is it really neccessary to update it to 6 lug ? I wont be towing anything with this from behind . If its got 60,000 miles on it with the 5 lug, without breaking , then shouldnt it be fairly reliable ? What exactly was the problem with the 5 lug ?

If it is a 5 lug, is it really neccessary to update it to 6 lug ? I wont be towing anything with this from behind . If its got 60,000 miles on it with the 5 lug, without breaking , then shouldnt it be fairly reliable ? What exactly was the problem with the 5 lug ?

The 5 lug axle needs to be replaced. I know of several that have broken. People have died. Here is the link to the axle facts, read it carefully. http://www.toyotamotorhomes.com/files/Axle_FAQ.pdf

Towing has nothing to do with it it's the weight of the MH. Do you know for sure it has never broken an axle in 60,000 miles and if it hasn't it's probably overdue.