Winter Blues

It's been snow, rain or gray here too often since Dec, and colder than usual. Here in VA this year May is the new March, it seems. However, today even tho cool, then warm but HUMID..., my new Winnie finally passed the emissions inspection (without costing toooo much)allowing 2011 stickers to be gotten for her plates this afternoon and I can, at last, begin to think of actually using her! :ThumbUp: And now have questions about HOW to use things like stove, etc. Have noticed others talking about recertifing the LP tank. Will there be something on mine to show if it is certified or not? Much thanks. Hope the sun comes out for you!

It was 92 here yesterday in Maine we had two snow storms one at the end of Apr. and the other in May. Me I would prefer -10 to 92! No one has ever questioned my fixed propane tank it looks rough and has the old style valve but you have to open a bleeder screw to fill it so I guess that is OK because it can not be over filled. I have no ideal what it takes to certify a tank. I'm reasonably certain a fixed tank is exempt they won't let you get away with a tank that has an old valve that you can carry.

Thank you, Maineah. My tank is fixed and everything looks to be okay. It's just over half full from the previous owner. Was going to try the stove today but she's parked, of necessity, in a sunny spot and it was 90 degrees with 500% :^] humidity today so didn't go in her. My manual says, when lighting the oven, to "turn on main gas supply to range". It does not say that for lighting the top burners. ???? Do you know where the main gas supply to the range is??

Home on the range? The oven has a pilot light that needs to be lit because it cycles maybe the setting on the dial? All the gas is on to every thing when you turn the tank on I think the only thing that has it's own valve is the furnace.

Wrong forum to discuss propane tanks. Please move this to technical areas. This is supposed to be a yyyy and moan area headbonk.gif.

I'm about to yyyy about the state of California's charges for camping and rave about the state of Ohio's frequent camper plan. Check the next Vent posting.

Dave/Dogre

Boy oh boy.

I can't post a certain word in this forum.

Thinking about it raises questions about censorship.

Could it be because the forum host has put in a screen?

How can we change that?

All I was saying that we can yyyy and moan in this forum? Yeah... right. If the previous sentence has a cluster of yyyy s after I push the enter button that means that we are being subjected to some censorship? Your thoughts?

Dave

Boy oh boy.

I can't post a certain word in this forum.

Thinking about it raises questions about censorship.

Could it be because the forum host has put in a screen?

How can we change that?

All I was saying that we can yyyy and moan in this forum? Yeah... right. If the previous sentence has a cluster of yyyy s after I push the enter button that means that we are being subjected to some censorship? Your thoughts?

Dave

Go to my profile, find my email address and email me the yyyy word and I will check to see if its on the list. The list is the stock list from IPB the makers of this board. It can be changed but need to know the word.

Now back to the weather. Rained one day then was in the 80's the next. Supposed to maybe rain in the next few days and then triple digit numbers. California will feel like Florida. The weed wacker was mothballed for the summer, now I gotta pull it back out for another fun day. Watch, it will be 90 on that day.

Here it is 6 days before June and we are still having cold weather. Its raining here (Monterey Bay) today in Sunny California.

Well Greg - here it is June 4th and it is RAINING again today! But i see the weather service is predicting 80 degrees by Sunday. We have had to de-winterizer our weed wacker twice this year. Bummer!

Bill