Shocks for my dolphin

Thevelotramp

I have a 1985, 20' Dolphin. It has a 22re and the 6 bolt rear end. My rear shocks are basically non existant, and I'm sure the front aren't in top shape either. Can anyone give me a few pointers? If there is any more specific info I need out there please let me know.

Edited by Thevelotramp

I have a 1985, 20' Dolphin. It has a 22re and the 6 bolt rear end. My rear shocks are basically non existant, and I'm sure the front aren't in top shape either. Can anyone give me a few pointers? If there is any more specific info I need out there please let me know.

Hi velotramp. No answers from me but a welcome from a fellow newbie. I also just acquired an 85 Dolphin, and am in the process of restoring/repairing it. Had several good pointers from this group - seems to be a good resource. Where are you located? I'm on Whidbey Island in Washington State.

Best shock is Bilstein, best bang for your buck is Monroe

I replaced mine twice with some ? from autozone with 999 month warranty from Autozone. But my mechanic told me not to shop at AZ,cheap parts. I also needed new leaf springs which yours probably needs and that made a major improvement more than new shocks. Its like a whole new ride, but quite expensive at $400+

Autozone (for the 91) has 'cheapies' and Bilsteins, too. In fact they have 3 different Bilsteins listed ($75, $85 & $102). I wouldn't expect you to find anyone in your local AZ to be able to explain to you the differece, though miracles could happen! Another source could be Rock Auto.

If you can get the correct P/N, there's always FleaBay to check, too. With the constant heavy load on our MH, I wouldn't expect cheap, standard duty shocks to last long.