86 Granville

Bone

If it's large there might have been a generator at one point usually the battery has a fairly small compartment. There should be some #8 wires in there that go to the fuse panel and back to the front of the the MH to some type of isolator under the hood. The generator should have had armored cable of some and junction box.

• 4 weeks later...

My '85 Granville's coach battery is in the smaller compartment just in front of the left rear wheel.

Where might this be:)

House battery that is.

Large compartment on the driver side with nothing in it only some wires, Gen area? Batteries?

Thanks,

Tom H

Maybe house battery is under the couch..If its recessed into floor look from below for battery sized sheetmetal box.

most generator doors have a different type exterior door. An area on door that is unpainted screen/like mesh which allows for hot exhaust. If large compartment has that you can eliminate battery ever being there. do have picts posted?

Yes, i did find the compartment on the drivewr side that would house the batt.

No Battery in it, that is what threw me off. The large compartment is for a Gen.

I just bought 2 120AH batt and put them in the large compartment as the previous owner had

moved the wiring for the batt to that area and added wiring for 2 batt in parallel.

Thanks for all the info, great board here.

Tom H