Toilet seals

AJK

We just bought our first RV, an 86 Dolphin. We unknowingly hooked it up to city water without a regulator and blew all kinds of stuff. Everything is fixed now, except the toilet. It seems to be leaking out of the rim - gets the back of our legs wet when we rub against it in the tiny Bathroom. How in the world do we fix this problem? We'd sure appreciate some advice! Thanks in advance!

Gosh. This is the second post here about how we need a city water regulater to lower the water pressure. I would have never known it, myself.

I hope all newbees will become aware of this so they are spared an apparent disaster. I would imagine that the carpet/flooring would be ruined, besides possible fixture damage. Why don't they have a warning sticker next to the city water inlet? Just wondering.

Hope you get yours fixed soon.

Tudy

We just bought our first RV, an 86 Dolphin. We unknowingly hooked it up to city water without a regulator and blew all kinds of stuff. Everything is fixed now, except the toilet. It seems to be leaking out of the rim - gets the back of our legs wet when we rub against it in the tiny Bathroom. How in the world do we fix this problem? We'd sure appreciate some advice! Thanks in advance!

If it is a Aqua Magic or any other Thetford brand you can give them a call and one of the techs will help you analyize the problem and provide you with the correct part number. You can buy repair parts from them but I have found the part I needed (water value) I could buy much cheaper if I shopped around. Thetford's number is 1-800-521-3032 and their hours of operation are 8-6 eastern time.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Ranger

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I do is install a shut off valve at the commode. That way you can still use the water system when the crapper craps out on the road. You can still flush by pouring water in it. It's so darn hard geeting at the fittings in those close quarters. I also keep a basin wrench in my on board tool kit.