I am wondering what all the 4x4 owners have for wheels on there rigs?

I have an 86 Odyssey 4x4 and am doing an axle swap to a full floater. The axle came with 4 14" rims, but of course I am currently running 15" rims. I am trying to decide weather I should purchase 4 new 15" wheels for the back or if I should get 14" wheels for the front.

I just eye balled the front and it looks like a 14" wheel would clear the brakes and rotor but can anyone confirm?

Another thing I am thinking about is that the tire options seem much greater in the 15" range.

What are all the other 4x4's using out there? Pro's Cons?

Sean

• 1 month later...

I have an 86 Odyssey 4x4 and am doing an axle swap to a full floater. The axle came with 4 14" rims, but of course I am currently running 15" rims. I am trying to decide weather I should purchase 4 new 15" wheels for the back or if I should get 14" wheels for the front.

I just eye balled the front and it looks like a 14" wheel would clear the brakes and rotor but can anyone confirm?

Another thing I am thinking about is that the tire options seem much greater in the 15" range.

Sean

15 inch duals on the rear would be the way to go. Toyota did not make any. You may have to do some research to find someone who can build you a set of 4. As a note what ever you do, all tires front and back MUST have the same circumference or you will blow up your drive train. A place which can build them www.stocktonwheel.com

• 2 months later...

Sean

Sean,

There are two companies one is Stocktonwheel.com as Greg quoted and the other is customcommercialwheel.com which Linda quoted. I bought mine from Custom Commercial since they were a tad bit cheaper. I can't find the invoice to quote you on what I paid for them but I believe it was around $800.00 +- delivered.

Bobby, from Stockton Wheel is a real nice guy and he quoted me $195.00 a wheel + freight and 3 weeks lead time to produce a set.

I had Custom make me 15X6 w/6X7.25 b.c. standard offset. (which both Stockton & Custom suggested).

Now, I was running 235's on my front and was told that I could run those as well for the rear. NOT! It turned out there was not enough clearance between the tires, they rubbed together. So, I went with 215/75R15 all the way around, which are perfect. I went with Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S G051 C rating - from Tire Rack.

Since I already had the axle upgrade I just went with 15's to match the original 15" front rims. I hope this helps.

Roxanne