OUR DOLPHIN IS AS OLD AS WE ARE

D J Dolphin 86

Wow I'm 2 years younger then 3 times the age of my 87! It runs better then I do too!

We are the same age if my math is right. I hope to do some traveling but am a little concerned about cutting cost on the road and where a person can stay cheaply. Will start Social Security next year and be semi retired

We are the same age if my math is right. I hope to do some traveling but am a little concerned about cutting cost on the road and where a person can stay cheaply. Will start Social Security next year and be semi retired

Yes I know what you mean I'm not retired but will be in 2 more years just need to get the time in where I work. A lot of the campgrounds will swap a spot for a little work around the campgrounds, maybe if you knew where you are going an email or a call to the campground ahead of time you might get a few free nights. I had thought about contacting the state visitor info centers and see if it is possible to stay there over night. There is a huge one here in Maine that has trucks over night in their parking lots. Most of the camping I do has a purpose so I camp for free there but when I go to a camp ground with hookup etc. it's usually $40 a night that gets expensive real quick.

p.s. 1/17/46

Yes I know what you meanp.s. 1/17/46

I have discovered that the Golden Age Pass lets you into national parks 1/2 price. In Louisiana they charge a 3 dollar registration fee and then half off up to two weeks. The state parks have electric hookup and water with a dump station access. The cost after the 3 dollars is about 8 to 9 dolars a night. Most state parks are nice. It would be nice to know the policy in some of the other states

I have discovered that the Golden Age Pass lets you into national parks 1/2 price. In Louisiana they charge a 3 dollar registration fee and then half off up to two weeks. The state parks have electric hookup and water with a dump station access. The cost after the 3 dollars is about 8 to 9 dolars a night. Most state parks are nice. It would be nice to know the policy in some of the other states

Less than $300/mo is pretty good rent.

I'm a 27 year old recently become a full-timer in my 87 Sunland Express. Loving life! And you can get even cheaper rent by using craigslist. My title was "Want to park my camper in your yard." Pushed that I did not need to ever go inside their home and that their empty driveway/yard could be making money for them! I pay 200 a month for unlimited electric, water, and internet. Just have to drive once every week or two to dump my sewage, but I do occaisionally use the colleges gym showers. Viva sunny Florida!

• 3 weeks later...

Try National Forests & BLM land most free, all they ask is you move every 2 weeks in case someone wants your spot. No amenities but hey you got a camper. They are beautiful quiet and alot of times I was the only one there. I wish i was out west no legal free spot in my state of RI.