1986 dolphin21 ireland

redsun122

post-3352-12571811069874.jpgpost-3352-12571811069874.jpghello

im a irish guy who bought a 1986 DOLPHIN rodieo it has twin wheels on the rear im lookinh fora halfshaft rear and a rear wheel cylinder , is this modle the one with the problem axle ?

yours hopefully

jonathanhelp.gif

I can't tell about the axle because your pic is super small. I do like that front spoiler though.

Do you mean you have dually wheels, or two axles in the back?

I can't tell about the axle because your pic is super small. I do like that front spoiler though.

Do you mean you have dually wheels, or two axles in the back?

hi have dually wheels im not sure but id say it has the old axle , the camper is a couple of hundred miles away were it broke down on my last outing .... not good lol

the diff oil leaked out onto the wheel , i kept topping it up on the road side but it kept heating .

i left it in a yard full of our stuff and im still looking for parts

If it has the "old" axle it is just a standard Toyota pickup part. You will need an axle, bearing and a seal to get it going. As soon as you get it home change the other side too.

From what I understand of things the Toyota 1 ton flatbed truck was not very popular in your part of the world, so an upgrade is harder. I think someone in Holland put a floater axle from one of the MBZ Vans under his. Best get your tape measure out and start looking.

here is some more pics

it is going to cost alot to do both sides about 2000 euro in new parts of toyota here

so it looks like ill be looking for another type of axle to suit.

ill have to go back up and have a good look ,il takpost-3352-12574668093904_thumb.jpgpost-3352-12574671904781_thumb.jpgpost-3352-1257468188226_thumb.jpge new pic then

It's left hand drive so it may have come from north America are the rear wheels bolted on with 6 lugs with a protruding hub in the middle? If not you have the "bad" rear diff. If it's the 6 bolt it maybe nothing more then a seal they come apart just like any lorry.

It's left hand drive so it may have come from north America are the rear wheels bolted on with 6 lugs with a protruding hub in the middle? If not you have the "bad" rear diff. If it's the 6 bolt it maybe nothing more then a seal they come apart just like any lorry.

hi it has the old five stud axle on it .

hi it has the old five stud axle on it .

Sorry. The best way to fix it is of course the one ton axle there is a beefed up axle but I'm not sure I would want to ride around on one. The fake dual wheels put a lot of stress on the axles as there is only one bearing on the 1/2 tonne axle so it has a tendency to flex the axle.

Fixing the old axle would be the least desirable way to go. After all its just going to break again,

The proper Toyota 1 ton full floater axle would be the way to go. Another choice would be to get your tape measure out and find an hd axle out of a smaller lorry and graft it in.