Several Newbie Questions 1989 Sun Rader

doktor_g

Hi folks,

Thanks for the website first of all.

So I'm pretty new to the RV scene. I've bought my first, a 1989 Sunrader. It has been redone on the inside and is passable but I'll likely want to refurbish it further with an eye for perfection. So far, he's (Franklin) running great, but I have a few questions.

(1.) Where can I order parts? I need a new brake light assembly, a new ECT dash switch, a new sun roof /vent cover, etc.

(2.) Frank vibrates pretty good at about 60-65 mph. How do I know if it's a suspension issue? If so, what sort of shocks do you reccomend? I do have Firestone airbags.

(3.) I can't get the fridge to work. Any suggestions on replacement, or should I just continue to use it as a smelly place to store warm beer?

(4.) He doesn't exactally stop on a dime. Have you replaced or modified your braking system?

(5.) Do you have any specific RV mechanics that you'd suggest in the Southern Oregon / Northern California region or should I just take it to my local mechanic?

Just got back from my second big wall trip to Yosemite with him. He's also been to Smith Rock for climbing and a relay race. Runs like a top. Well, he runs like a 20 year-old, 6500 pound, top...

Thanks again,

Grover

Pics to follow.

1. Its a Toyota truck so start at your local Toyota dealer. After that try Rock auto.

2. Balance the tires, check for a broken belt in a tire. Easy to see as the tread will wiggle back and forth when you spin the tire. Just jack up each corner and turn by hand.

3. You need to do more trouble shooting on the refer. Check for leaks (ammonia smell). In the worse case get a large block of ice and put it in the freezer and make your refer into an icebox. Keep the beer cooler that way, your not English are you???.

4. Your brakes are out of adjustment. The rear brake biases valve thinks you are driving an empty Toy pick up so its reducing the rear brake effort. Just raise the basis arm on the rear axle and you can get better braking.

5. No idea..

WME

3. When it's plugged in and running on 110, is the jacket around the column warm? Have you also tried it on gas? Make sure it's level.

5. Southern Oregon coast, valley or further inland? If you're in the Medford area, the Toyota Dealer there is very, very expensive. I'll find you someone if you're in the Medford area.