89 Sunrader Heater, Frig, Battery Questions

jackson

I found a great 89 Sunrader from the original owner here in Sacramento, CA. It was mid summer when I got it so I didn't try the heater, he said it turns on automatically with the thermostat but it didn't work on my first outing last week. I turned the gas on outside the unit but nothing. Is there a pilot light somewhere? Where?

2nd question: The frig worked on gas but not electric. I had power at the site and turned the knob to "Elec" but it didn't cool down after I left it on for an hour. Any ideas?

3rd question: The auxillary battery behind the outside storage pod had died while the RV sat in my driveway for the past 2 months but once I took it out on my first trip, it charged up. Is it designed to charge automatically when the RV is driven? Is it ok to let it sit over the winter months without a recharge?

I found a great 89 Sunrader from the original owner here in Sacramento, CA. It was mid summer when I got it so I didn't try the heater, he said it turns on automatically with the thermostat but it didn't work on my first outing last week. I turned the gas on outside the unit but nothing. Is there a pilot light somewhere? Where?

2nd question: The frig worked on gas but not electric. I had power at the site and turned the knob to "Elec" but it didn't cool down after I left it on for an hour. Any ideas?

3rd question: The auxillary battery behind the outside storage pod had died while the RV sat in my driveway for the past 2 months but once I took it out on my first trip, it charged up. Is it designed to charge automatically when the RV is driven? Is it ok to let it sit over the winter months without a recharge?

Your first question maybe related to the 3rd the furnace has to have a well charged battery to work it may not have been charged enough it should charge when you drive the MH just fine but if it was dead it may take a good bit of driving. Try plugging the camper in and see if the furnace works. As far as the fridge they take a long time to cool off unless you put your hand in the freezer section after an hour it probably will not feel cold I usually turn mine on at least the night before I go camping. If you leave it plugged in for several hours and it does not cool it may have a bad 120 volt heater (I know it sounds crazy but yes a heater)