One of the two rear air stabilizer on my dolphin 89 is flat.

I tried fix-a-flat with no success. The small tubing going to the valve is smashed at the connection of the air reserve.

Could it be repair? where can I purshase a new one?

:help:

Edited by BigEasy

• 9 months later...

My 81 diesel has 7 ride springs and one load spring. This, combined with over sized front torsion bars and Bilstein off road shocks all the way around, seems to do the trick for me.

Adding extra ride springs will make the suspension much stiffer which is only a problem if you get off on unpaved washboard roads, then you can really take a beating from the extra stiffness. I made up for this by replacing the original bucket seats with seats out of a BMW 320i (sweet)

you can find extra "add a spring" kits from places like Downey Offroad racing and others.

springs.jpg

Edited by moosepucky

• 3 weeks later...

Mr Bigeasy

Could you post a picture of your air assist setup ? There is a local company (Lansing MI) which stocks at least 2 different air assist systems for Toyota Pickup chassis, but I'm not sure if any is going to work with my dual wheels. Some of the kits say that one must have at least 3 inches of clearance between the tire and frame and I doubt I have this much. Take a look at this link:

http://www.truckspring.com/VSearchResults2.aspx?cID=740

http://www.truckspring.com/VSearchResults2.aspx?cID=741

http://www.truckspring.com/VSearchResults2...=189&fv=584

I'd love to know which of these is best suited for my purpose. Unfortunately, if you do a search on the site under motorhomes, it lists only 1 model of Toyota RV (not the dolphin).

Take a look if anything looks familiar. The most expensive is about $240.

Regards

Keith

Call this guy, $235 incl. shipping, got mine about a week.

Firestone Model #2115

Sonny

1-800-572-3768

Edited by mycomitan

I bought the firestone kit to retrofit to my Dolphin. What I found is that the chassis rail extensions that were added (by Dolphin) overlap at precisely the spot that the upper mounting bracket is meant to go. It looks like about 3" of the extension would have to be cut away to allow the upper bracket to fit. Do-able but a chore....

A secondary complication is that the upper bracket is meant to held on using 2 bolts that ordinarily hold on the upper bump stop. Of course the mild steel bolts were rusted solid and sheared off trying to get them out. So I would need to weld a bracket containing 2 new studs to the chassis rail to provide a mounting point. U bolts won't fit around the chassis rail at that point because the floor of the motorhome is in the way.

sucks, doesn't it.....

I bought the firestone kit to retrofit to my Dolphin. What I found is that the chassis rail extensions that were added (by Dolphin) overlap at precisely the spot that the upper mounting bracket is meant to go. It looks like about 3" of the extension would have to be cut away to allow the upper bracket to fit. Do-able but a chore....

A secondary complication is that the upper bracket is meant to held on using 2 bolts that ordinarily hold on the upper bump stop. Of course the mild steel bolts were rusted solid and sheared off trying to get them out. So I would need to weld a bracket containing 2 new studs to the chassis rail to provide a mounting point. U bolts won't fit around the chassis rail at that point because the floor of the motorhome is in the way.

sucks, doesn't it.....

I know exactly what your saying, recently installed a rear sway bar kit on a 83 Dolphin and ran into the same problems, it was universal bolt on kit but with the frame extensions, floor mounting, floater axle, ect. ect. had to do creative fitting and welding of all the mounts to make it work. Bottom line, it did fit, works fine, and owner was happy with the results. WHEW!!!