Coach Battery not seeming to work

jimmy

So I put in a battery on the coach side and hooked it, but it doesn't seem to be sending any power to the coach. Anyone got any ideas for possible problems. I know with electric it could be a million things, but am hoping someone had a similar problem.

Your just going to have to get a volt meter and start following the voltage.

It could be anything from the bettery is in backwards to a bad ground to blown fuses.

Get the book Managing 12 Volts by Harold Barre. I got it on Amazon and it has been incredibly helpful with all my electrical work on my Dolphin.

Thanks I'll take a look at it. I ended up following the wires and found the problem. Thanks for the quick reply I love this site.

• 7 months later...

So I put in a battery on the coach side and hooked it, but it doesn't seem to be sending any power to the coach. Anyone got any ideas for possible problems. I know with electric it could be a million things, but am hoping someone had a similar problem.

if you have checked the obvious things - cables, battery voltage, etc I would look at fuses at the power converter/fuse box (I am talking as if you have a winnie warrior but I suspect others are similar ) then I would look for the isolation circuit - the warrior isolates the battery whenever it senses 120v ac power, then the power converter powers the 12v dc circuits (lights, fans, water pump, etc) and charges the battery.